Auction Arms - Q's on how to do searches...

Skans

I've tried to use Auction Arms several times to look for guns I'm interested in. Now, I'm no noob to the internet or various auction sites. But, I can't figure out how to do a search on Auction Arms that will get me to what I'm looking for.

For example, if I type in "STI" I get a ton of stuff, none of which is STI related. Am I just being dense about this? Has anyone figured out how to search for things on Auction Arms - assistance would be appreciated.:confused:

Spats McGee

Administrator
I think the problem is that they don't have any STIs, so the search engine returned a bunch of searches with "plastic boxes." On the other hand, other the other searches (Springfield, Colt, Ruger, for example) turned up results just fine.

Doyle

Auction Arms text search is not "descriminate". Meaning that the search term "STI" will turn up all auctions with that string used anywhere in the text - including works like "stinger" or "interesting".

Sometimes that is a very good thing because of the way people list things. Other times you get way too many false hits. I recommend you search for "STI International" or "STI Shadow" etc to get what you need.

tarkio

Look elsewhere like GunBroker or GunsAmerica. Better option, better resource, more firearms and better people behind these sights.