Attn: Rifles of White Death fans

Those who enjoyed the book, Rifles of White Death, will be delighted to learn there's a new book on the Finnish Mosin - Finnish Mosin-Nagant: Three Line Rifles to Ukka Pekka. From the preview it appears very scholary and thorough.

As you know, during WW I the Finland was a province of Russia and won its independence after the Russian Revolution (the one that overthrew the Tsar). They then had their over civil war between Finnish indepedents and Finnish communists. Thankfully the former won. Since the M91/30 was their primary infantry arm and being a poor country they kept it but not without extensive modification to make it even more accurate than its Russian predecessor. Legendary sniper Simo Hayha (sorry no umlats) used an unscoped one to kill the Soviet invaders. Note: Stalin was misled by the NKVD into believing that the "invincible" Red Army would be greeted as liberators and didn't expect the fierce resistance by the Finns.

Anyway, every nitty gritty detail on the Finnish rifle is covered in this exhaustive work that will set the watermark by which all books on the Finnish rifle will be mesured. It is hardback, acid free paper and smith sewn and printed with soy based ink.

Here's info on the book:

https://shopwetdog.com/ols/products/finnish-mosin-nagant---three-line-rifle-to-ukko-pekka

Disclaimer: Neither I nor any relatives or friends have any pecuniary interest related to the author or the publisher.

ballardw

You can get some umlaut and some other language characters by holding down the ALT key and typing on the numeric key pad

Ç 128
ü 129
é 130
â 131
ä 132
à 133
å 134
ç 135
ë 137
è 138
ï 139
î 140
ì 141
Ä 142
Å 143
É 144
æ 145
Æ 146
ô 147
ö 148
ò 149
û 150
ù 151
ÿ 152
Ö 153
Ü 154

'88Scrat

Might have to check this out.

A lot to learn here. For example I've heard my M39 refered to as a "Sneak" but I'm not clear on what that means exactly.