ATTN All Indiana TFL members

dw

I am from nothern IN and love to go out and shoot. If anyone in here has a good place to shoot i would love to make a day of it. My roomate is also into Handguns. We are college students so we don't get much shooting in. later derek

Conservative

Michiana Regional Firearms in Elkhart has a nice indoor range. It costs $10 if you purchase ammo there and $15 if you don't.

The range and gun shop just changed hands in the past month so there has been a little shake up.

The new manager is a guy named James, a nice guy.

phone number is (219) 293-2030

Check it out I like the place, particularly when it is cold out like today.

Matt

hello dw,there are several public ranges round here,my favorite is jasper/pulaski,very nice range.They have 50,100 225 yard ranges with about 10 tables each,also a clay pigoen area.there will be a new members only range opening this spring in Lake Village,go to www.shooteresoutpost.com ,this is going to be sooooo cool!!!!e-mail me,we'll hook up and warm some barrles :D
Matt

hoosierboy

I live in south bend and I usually go to my parents house in the country, Now that eh weather is cold I would also be interested in going on a sunday! thanks for any info!

tatters

I am in the Ft Wayne area. A get together would be great. We have a Targetmaster indoor range in Ft Wayne. 5 bucks registration, 12 bucks to shoot.

------------------
Something from our wine list?!!
Ford Fairlane

Jeff White

Derek,
I live in Southern Illinois (but it's not that far of a drive) and host an AR15.com mailing list shoot a couple times a year. You and any other TFL member who wants to shoot is welcome to come. We normally have an informal three gun match and some fun shooting. I'll post the next one to TFL whenI get it set up.
Jeff

John Hunter

I'm from Northern Indiana too, Lake Station. I did not know we had so many Firing Line members in the area. We should all get together at Jasper/Pulaski in the spring for an all day shoot!

------------------
John - NRA - Lifer

dw

Thanks for all the info and it is great to hear from some locals. i am from Bourbon, IN but i go to Grace College in Warsaw. My roomate and i would love to get together with a bunch of guys and have fun and shoot some.

I'd be up for that. Live in Indianapolis, but would make the trip to shoot with fellow TFLers...

------------------
Peace through superior firepower...
Keith

If the 2nd is antiquated, what will happen to the rest.
"the right to keep and bear arms."

Jessica Wellman

From one fellow Hoosier to another, let me know when!
Jessica
Hey John, how far is Jasper from Louisville? Do you know? Anyone?
------------------
The whole secret of a successful life is to find out what it is one's destiny to do, and then do it.
HENRY FORD, "Success," Forum, October 1928

[This message has been edited by LadydeeJ (edited January 07, 2000).]

tatters

Hey Hoosierboy: I can tell you, the Ft Wayne gun and knife show, in my opinion, has become a flea market. Some of the regulars are there with large tables, but you should see some of the non gun and knife related junk that is there, more every time. I have found good prices on ammo, and if an exibitor has a lot of something, sometimes the prices get down lower, but for the most part, no better than if you had a decent relationship with the gunstore owner at his shop. I also have a little trouble with some of the folks the exibitors hire to help man the tables. I got burned on some
7.62 X 25 and told it was non corrosive when the guy behind the counter gave me a story. I believe he didn't have a clue, and made up something. I later found out it was corrosive, which is no big deal 'cause I clean the CZ 52 after shooting anyway. It's just the principal.
That being said...
It still is a good way to kill an afternoon and see some stuff that maybe your local store owner doesn't have, and maybe run into your buddies.

------------------
Ford Fairlane

John Hunter

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Hey John, how far is Jasper from Louisville? Do you know? Anyone?[/B][/quote]

Just ran my MS Trip Planner, it is 234.5 miles.

------------------
John - NRA - Lifer

Matt

Hey tatters,the 15/16 theres a gun show at the Crown Point fair grounds.not as big as indy,but usally a good show :D

hoosierboy

Hey tatters and all, I went into one of the local gun shops on friday, and saw all the display cases bare. I asked if they were going out of business, and they laughed and said no, they took all their stuff to the show. Otherwise I wouldn't have known. I am still waiting for the one in south bend, crown point isn't too far and hell I might even go.

JJB

All you Indiana TFL members, an Indiana shoot sounds interesting. Anyone know of any northern Indiana shows next weekend.

I'm in Logansport. Shoot when I can at a club range northeast of town. (That reminds me, I better get the dues sent in this weekend).

Judging by the number of posts here IN is pretty well represented right now.

Jim

------------------
-- TANSTAAFL

John Hunter

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matt:
Hey tatters,the 15/16 theres a gun show at the Crown Point fair grounds.not as big as indy,but usally a good show :D[/quote]
I think I will try to make it on the 15th, got an all night once a year poker game at my neighbors that night so doubt i could stay awake to go on the 16th LOL

------------------
John - NRA - Lifer

Matt

So good to see a bunch of hoosiers!lets get that day at the range planned!In my area,all the public ranges are making changes,not for the better,we need to make a showing,and try to keep it from getting out of hand.

tatters

Great idea, the Indiana shoot. Or the ANYBODY shoot for that matter. I am just not sure where to have it. My local range is really not that user friendly, so an outdoor range would be best for me, and that means spring or summer. Some of the Indiana Dept of Natural Resources sites have ranges. One is not too far away from me around the Huntington, Ind. area. Nobody goes there unless it is hunting season as far as I know. :D

------------------
Ford Fairlane

dw

Wow!! what a great response from fellow hoosiers. well Hunington might not be to bad i am not sure how far it is from Warsaw but that's ok. Another one i have heard of as far as outdoor is Tri-county i have heard that there range is pretty good. Maybe someone should start a list of everyone intrested. just a thought
derek