Attention: jglsprings... :)

CajunBass

jgl has been beating me up for a couple of months for sellling that nickeled Model 19-4 I had. I hope this will get me back in his good graces. ;)

Model 66 (no dash) in box, with papers, cleaning tools. MFGed 1975/76. Seller said it had a dozen rounds down the tube, but I'll be darned if I can tell it. Odds are it will never have another one.

003.jpg

aarondhgraham

Aw man,,,

Odds are it will never have another one.

I understand your reasoning to keep it as pristine as possible,,,
But it's really a shame it will never be fired again.

K-frame S&W's are just so danged shootable. :)

Aarond

CajunBass

I know Aaron, but I've got others that I do shoot, so it's not like I don't know how a K frame shoots.

It's just that I MIGHT keep this one pristine. I don't ever rule shooting one out.

aarondhgraham

I keep saying,,,

It sure is a pretty gun though.

I keep saying I'm gonna hafta get me one of those someday,,,
I guess the reason I don't is because I already have a S&W Model 67 & 15.

But then again,,,
Ya can't have too many K-frames. ;)

Aarond

CajunBass

I wasn't going to buy it. I had just sold several...shall we say..."more mundane" guns and bought a nickel 29-2 a couple of days ago. I was really priding myself on that, and having a few bucks left over from the sale. So I walk into the LGS and they had just taken it in on a trade for...choke...choke...choke...a....(I can't say it)...Glock...:eek: Or some such plastic pistol...they're all Glocks to me.

I was going to pass on it, but my wife pulled rank and told me she wasn't going to listen to me whine for six months about leaving it there. SHE MADE ME DO IT!! ITS" ALL HER FAULT!!

jglsprings

You need to take care of that woman!! Mine is always giving me "another one??!!??"

P.S.

I like my glocks - but trading that for a glock? Shame!

Last edited:

Webleymkv

I love K-Frame Magnums. They seem to balance perfectly in the hand and are light enough to carry comfortably yet heavy enough not to be punishing to shoot. I'm particularly partial to the snubbies like my own K-Frame carry gun:

BuffaloSabresGame72.jpg

warwagon

Webleymkv,

Very nice, and one of my all time favorites (really have to get another one of those one of these days!).

9mm

My LGS has one of these, no box $550 or $600? something. It looks less than a few 100's rounds. The cylinder wear is way less than my j-frame with only 205 rounds shot.

CajunBass

My LGS has one of these, no box $550 or $600? something. It looks less than a few 100's rounds. The cylinder wear is way less than my j-frame with only 205 rounds shot.

That's about where I'd expect to see either a 19 or a 66 in the condition you describe, tagged at the LGS where I shop. When they first put a gun out, the price is firm. IF the gun hangs around for a week or so, they'll start to dicker a bit. They don't usually hang around.