Attention Glock Fans

How many Phase 3 failures have you experienced in your Glock 19?

• Have experienced them often

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Have experienced them only a few times

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Have never experienced them

Votes: 64 90.1%

• Total voters

meat

Attention Glock 19 owners

Alright, I'm going to try and conduct a poll about this whole Glock 19 phase 3 malfunction issue. If you want to read about it, here's a link://communities.prodigy.net/sportsrec/glock/gz-phase3.html
Anyway, how many of you glock 19 owners have actually had a problem w/ this? Please provide a short report on how reliable or unreliable you glock 19 has been

Last edited:

FPrice

I do not recall ever having a malfunction in any of the four Glocks I have owned and fired. (I have a fifth, a G21 I just bought but have not yet taken to the range)

Now I understand that this experience only applies to me and cannot be extrapolated to the rest of the Glock-owning community. But my experience has been that the better you take care of your guns and watch what you put through them, the less chance you have of experiencing a malfunction.

MHOGAN

My 19 jammed twice when my 16 year daughter was shooting it. Limp wristed, I suppose. They cleared easily. I have never had any failures amd never heard of a phase 3. That would be a sales killing story.

Bob Locke

I've put something on the order of 2,500 - 3,000 rounds through my G19, both at the range and in IDPA competitions. I have never, ever, had a single failure of any sort.

That's why I use it for CCW.

6mm

I have had my Glock 19 since 1998. I have had over 5,000 rds thru it and have never had a failure due to the gun. (had a bad follower in a magazine once and it wouldn't lock the slide back, replaced follower).

My 19 has been carried in the rain, snow and dust has has worked every time.

6mm

FotoTomas

I have owned two G19's and had no failures in either. Would happily buy another tomorrow if a good price came with it.

Rob96

I have had no failures with my G-19. Doesn't mean I believe they are invincible. I don't think all the problems NYPD is having can be attributed to shooter error.

Jimmy Mac

I have been shooting Glocks since the first 17 came out in the 80s.

I have never had a single problem with ANY 9mm Glock as long as I was using brass cased factory ammo.

I once had a problen with CCI Blazer with the alloy case. Metal would shave off the case and build up under the extractor and cause a jam after several of these were fired at one time.

I have even fired several rounds of Wolf steel case ammo without a problem.

Blackhawk

Not a Phase 3 failure, but it did fail to hit the 10 ring -- once....

Did the only smart thing I could with a gun I no longer trusted -- got rid of it. :D

fraglord

Never happened with my G22,23,27,30,17,19, or 20. Approx. 20,000 rounds thru them all(combined). Had some limpwristing jams with my 23 when I first got it, and my 27 jammed when using 23 or 22 mags, but they were easy to clear, not the lockup type III malfs. Now I know how to properly lock my wrist, and only use the G27 mags in my 27. Viola, no more jams.

meat

So far the glock 19 doesn't seem to have any more problems when you compare it to almost any other autoloader.