Attention CS9 owners!

Bob79

If you own a S&W Chief's special 9mm please read this. As you know this is great sub-compact gun, that is very slim and concealable, except for the grips. The factory Hogue supplied grips do a good job of handling recoil, and make shooting comfortable, but they are fairly wide, with a larger palm swell.

A lot of people have posted their dislike with these grips, but there are none others offered by any grip maker. There are about 6 of us (hopefully more to follow) over at the Smith & Wesson forum who are trying to get a count of people who would pay for a custom maker to make a set of slim concealment grips. Here is a link to the thread...http://smith-wessonforum.com/eve/for...4/m/6471097162

So I'd like to ask anyone here to let me know if you would also be willing to commit to buy a set of grips if we can get a custom maker to do so. The idea is to get an accurate count of how many grips a potential maker could sell, and to call around and say "I have X amount of people who would buy these grips if you can make them" etc. At this point there is no actual money needed, and if I/we can get a grip maker to be interested ,the easiest way would be just to have each individual person call and pay the maker directly.

The general consensus is that we want a grip that is as thin as possible, regardless of material. Meaning, if a maker can produce thinner grips from one material over another, than that is what is preferred. It would most likely be wood, or some polymer, in either black or dark brown. Most people seem to want some checkering for grip purposes, although I imagine if a maker could do checkering, he/she could probably offer a smooth version too. I'm guessing each set is going to cost about $50-$100, but obviously I can't say for sure.

So if you're seriously interested, please post here or PM just saying you'd buy a set (or more) of the "proposed" grips. Then after about another week or so, with an accurate count of how many people will buy them, I'll get to work trying to track down a maker who will do it. I have no problem sending in my CS9 for the maker to get their measurements from if needed.

Thanks!