Attended a gun show in Wichita, KS today

Huskerguy

Wichita has two shows each year, this one and another in March. I went last March and things were flying out there like mad. Two big ammo dealers were nearly sold out by the afternoon of the first day. Today was totally different. AR's all over, some tables begging people to make offers. The ammo guys had tons left as I left this afternoon. I looked at several things such as scopes and AR accessories and I never had to ask for a better deal, they automatically gave them. I just did not see much going out the door this time compared to last time. I saw people really looking but talking about not wanting to spend the money so lots of window shopping and many dealers were frustrated. It was very competitive.

Have any of you seen the same things in your areas or not?

bbqbob51

Yeah, the last show I went to in September had all kinds of AR and AK rifles and lots of ammo that just sat there. All the prices of the ARs were reasonable. The ammo seemed a bit expensive but not crazy, but it really wasn't selling so I expect the prices to continually edge down.

Trooper Tyree

I went to one last month. Many of the dealers were still on crack. :rolleyes:

There were few "deals" but things did seem to be creaking to a halt, and I did notice the "assult" end of the world guns were priced a lot lower than usual, and locally I've seen a lot of "assult" type rifles showing up on the market.

Ammo also seems to be slowly trickling back in, I no longer have to visit Wal-Mart every night at 10pm for a week to get a brick of .22. :barf:

ksstargazer

Yeah I went to the Wichita show too. Got a 1941 dated 1895 Tula Nagant revolver with a partial box of ammo for $100. I bought 1943 Denver arsenal 30-06 ammo for 15 cents a round and it is almost shiny new. I also got two boxes of soft point 308 Win ammo for $5 each. I paid $37 each for 2 bricks of K31 Swiss match ammo. The best was a M1917 stock and sling for free (part of the Nagant deal). It was a good show for me ;)
The show did not seem as crowded this time and as you say, not much was moving. Although I found some good deals, generally prices were still too high for this recession. Ammo was probably the thing moving the fastest but it was nothing like the spring shows where crowds were deep around ammo dealers. All those AR-15s I saw weren't going anywhere at the asking prices.
We'll just let those manufacturers keep rolling them out with no sales. We will see $500 AR's by next summer.

Drachenstein

I went to the Knob Creek Machinegun shoot Friday. Many dealers are still on crack. Went there to buy a mosin 91/30, a 32 ACP AP48, and a CZ 50/70. Didn't find any of the pistols, cheapest mosin I could find was $300, nothing special, just a standard $79.00 mosin. Thank God for the 03 FLL, I'll save the entrance fees and buy one on line instead. When you add it all up it would've been cheaper to pay for shipping. Lots and lots of ammo, and selling at decent prices. Real good deals on bulk ammo. Lots of AR/AK stuff. AK prices have seemed to have gone back down. AR stuff still up there, seems people are trying to get back what they paid for it several months ago. Not allot of buying of uppers.

Had to walk two miles to get there from parking, as the standard lots were flooded. Rained, rained, and rained. I wonder if the creek over took the bridge, it was close when I left. I pitied the people camping there. Seemed to be more military surplus venders than firearms vendors, the people selling the ponchos made a killing. All in all :( a waste of time.