At long last! I'm a handgun owner!

Tatsumi67

I turned 21 last week and my Minnesota Uniform Handgun buyers permit came in today :D

I'm finally a handgun owner. I got this beauty brand new for $360 with transfer from my favorite gunsmith. I will be getting my Glock21SF tomorrow from another shop I had a deal with tomorrow.

Ruger_Mark_III_Bull_Barrel_by_Tatsumi67.jpg

I'm so happy!
:)

Tatsumi67

This Ruger MKIII Target makes my 10th gun.

I've been shooting since I could walk. Now I finally have a pistol. This is also my first brand new gun.

FoxtrotRomeo

Those Rugers are quite accurate, nice choice.

Nice choice with the G21 as well.

A day at the range beats the snot out of a beer any day IMO. :)

javabum

As said before....good first choice in hand gun purchase....(BTW,nice .22)
And as far as the Glock....welcome to the world of perfection.....:D

old bear

Congregations on your first handgun, your choice it is a good one. My first handgun was also the Ruger .22 target pistol, not nearly as well appointed as yours though. But I only paid $80.00 N.I.B. That should give an idea of how long ago that was.

Daryl

But I only paid $80.00 N.I.B. That should give an idea of how long ago that was.

My dad tells me of saving up as a kid for his first handgun. It was a similar, but early Ruger .22 pistol. He had to save up $19.95 for his dad to buy it for him. I'd imagine $19.95 was a lot of money for a kid in those days.

It's still in dad's estate. Hoping to retrieve it when the estate settles. I have a lot of memories connected to some of his guns.

Congrat's to the OP. With good maintenance, there's no doubt in my mind that you can someday pass it down to your own kids.

Daryl

Retired15T

That Ruger is a great gun! I've enjoyed shooting mine for a good many years!

But the Glock....ugh! You should check out the Springfield Armory XDm .45ACP!!! This thing is a BEAST! Super accurate, exchangeable back straps, match grade barrel and just an all around awesome weapon! If that's too expensive, I'd take an XD 45ACP over that Glock any day of the week.

Or even better, since 45ACP is pretty expensive to shoot regularly with, the XDm 9mm 3.8. I have this one myself and I can attest to the pure orgasmic awesomeness that is having 19+1 rounds of 9mm JHP's on the range! The first time out with this little bad boy, I put the first 20 rounds into a 3" circle at 15yds. Would have been a 2" circle if I wouldn't have had two fliers when I first fired it. You wanna talk about a tack driver? This is one for sure. I've got over 3k rounds through it in the last 8 weeks I've owned it without a single FTF/FTE. One day alone my son, daughter and I put over 600 rounds through it without a single problem.

Whatever you decide, good luck on your future weapons!

Rastus

A great first handgun and a great handgun in general. Unless you sell it, give it away, or abuse it you will pass that handgun on to a son or daughter.

BIG P

CONGRATS 2 great hand guns I have both/both have thousands of rounds ran through them with no problems.you'll have years of fun good luck/good shooting.:D:D