Astra A100 comments?

Bilbo

Hi!

There was a post about it half-an-year ago, but if anyone has something new to say, I'll be very grateful.

Many thanks in advance!

Bilbo

Gremlin

I own an A-100 in 9mm. Mine came with one 17 round mag and I bought another 17 rounder at a local gun shop a month ago.

Of the three 9's I own, the Astra is the one I shoot the least. It doesn't group as tightly as either my Walther P99 or my CZ75B, which is not to say it's a poor shot, it just has some pretty tough competition for my range time.

The A-100 never fails to feed or fire, never jams, and is simple to field strip and clean. The finish is not up to the standards of a more expensively priced gun (nor should it be I guess), but then again, I only paid $250 for it. I like the Sig style de-cocker however, mine pushes back with enough force to jar my thumb pretty good when it releases.

The internals are solid but not well finished--by that I mean that there's no shine to the barrel, the interior walls are neither buffed nor smooth... The pistol works flawlessly and shoots aimed shots in 3.5 to 4 inch groups at 25-30 feet. It's got great pointability--I get lots of center torso shots with just a pick up and point motion, it doesn't take much to hit the torso of a silhouette is what I'm trying to say.

It's a rough copy of a Sig and feels great in your hand; the double stack magazine just feels wonderful to me and probably contributes a bunch to the 'point and shoot' feel of the weapon. The only drawback to the gun is that it is truly a 'rough' copy if you get to looking closely at it.

Hope that helps.

------------------
Take the long way home...