Assistance dating an old S&W Triple Lock!

PCshooter

Hi All,

Thanks in advance for giving me a hand. I inherited a family heirloom S&W Triple Lock many years ago. It's been a safe queen for a decade now. But i've decided to get a display case built for it so I can enjoy it while working in my office. I am getting a custom engraved plaque to go inside the case and want to put a manufacture date on it. I've got it narrowed down to between 1910 and 1915, but wondering if anyone can help me nail down the specific year. Serial # on the bottom of the butt is 5100. I will add a pic below if anyone cares to add any details/knowledge about the gun. Thank you!

Edit: Having problems getting pics uploaded. Keeps saying upload failed?

Last edited:

Jim Watson

CTG is just an abbreviation for Cartridge, although I have been tempted to make up a nonsensical version, like Combat Tactical Gun.

Yup. SCSW says the serial numbers for 1910 ran from 5000 through 7049. This is for al Triple Locks, regardless of caliber.

By the way, 44 S&W Special CTG is just the regular old 44 Special. Since S&W developed the cartridge, they like to put "S&W" in the description, but just plain old 44 Special.