Assault Rope

Trevor

Blue Water Assaultline 7/16'' Static Rope:
This low-visibility static rope is used
by police and military for rescue and tactical situations. Kernmantle construction--braided nylon sheath over nylon strand core--offers low static elongation and superior abrasion-resistance. Special Blue Water design allows line to absorb accidental shock load to lower risk of anchor failure or
individual injury.

Color is black. Made in USA.

Weight per foot: 25.2 grams.
Strength: 29.5 kilonewtons.

Size: 7/16 in. x 150 ft.

Good for dropping in on anti-government types.

Long Path

It's undoubtedly the exact same thing you could get at REI or Academy or 100 other over-priced sporting goods outlets for about 50% less. Paint it black, label it either "Assault" or "Tactical," and watch 'em come a-runnin'.
Frankly, it's the camouflage static line that I'm more interested in. This stuff really is hard to see over a variety of surfaces! Put black rope over a cement wall, even at night, and you see a black line over grey. Even if you really were a real-live guvment Ninja, you'd be smart to get something a tad more practical to go "tactical." (One of the silliest terms of this century.)

Ron L

Careful using the "assault" word. Next thing you know, there's going to be a 3 day waiting period before you tie something to the roof of your car and a 10 foot length limit.

------------------
Ron

Detroit Area Chapter
Terra-Haute Torque & Recoil Scoiety

C

CHEMNCO917

you mean that there isn't now!!!!! let me call the cops (LOL)

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
It should be banned!

Or restricted to LEO ONLY like Winchester RANGER AMMO.

My heavens! What about the Children?!?!

------------------
"There is no limit to stupidity. Space itself is said to be bounded by its own curvature, but stupidity continues beyond infinity."
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
The Critic formerly known as Kodiac

Geared Up!

Long Path...
I can't tell if you are joking or not, but we have static rope in Olive Drab, 7/16" x 150', 200', 300' & 600' lengths. 8,000lb strength.

E-mail me if you are seriously searching... the ropes are not on the site yet.

Geri Weaver

------------------
BlackHawk Authorized Dealer (BAD) - "Better than catalog" prices & free shipping http://www.geardup.com/gearedup.htm

10mmrules

'Next thing you know someone is gonna hang himself with it, and the anti-ropers, are gonna want it banned

------------------
10MM Magnum.... tried the rest, now I got the best

hksigwalther

Hmmm...Multi-Purpose All Weather Tactical Assault Rope in conspicuous black. Can be folded into a compact concealable form. Lightweight. Handles can be fashioned. Can be used to tie up law abiding individuals and LOEs in the commission of crimes. CAN BE MADE INTO A NOOSE! No safeties, no locks. Is combustible and toxic at high temperatures. Lasts hundreds of years, essentially non-biodegradable

I'd say AT LEAST Class III if not ban-able.

- Ron V.

------------------

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
Good quality rope is VERY IMPORTANT...
(By the way - a little plug for Geared Up here) Black Hawk has made some very good Rope bags that IMHO are vital to keeping your good rope good.

The gist is the use of the word TACTICAL or ASSAULT.
Seach for my past thread "Sick of Tactical."
In the same shop I purchased my ammo the other day - they had little notebookes - the spiral bound kind for .50 cents ad a drug store - sold for 5 bucks because it was OD GREEN and had "TACTICAL NOTEPAD" printed on it. Now - that is just silly. Not to mention they still had the "Tactical Printer Paper" there. Very Silly. An assault vest is an assault vest - there is a difference there from regular vests... But "assault toilet paper?" That is too much...

------------------
"There is no limit to stupidity. Space itself is said to be bounded by its own curvature, but stupidity continues beyond infinity."
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
The Critic formerly known as Kodiac

Larry P.

OOooh! Hadn't heard of that! Where can I get some of this tactical Class III assault toilet paper!

After a good chili it might become important...