ASM parts-bent wedge

joe sixgun

Does anyone know where I can get a wedge for an ASM '51 Navy?
Mine is bent, actually cupped right through the center. I was considering forging my own if I cant find one. Also, has anyone else had this problem?
I only shoot 20-25 gr pyro-p, so I don't think I'm loading too heavy.

Doc Hoy

Deer Creek has some ASM parts

Deer Creek Products, PO Box 246, Waldron, Indiana 46182. (317) 525-6181.

This is a phone number I don't recognize but my dealings with them were from some time agoe and I am fairly certain it is the right folks.

They are good people to deal with. Very helpful and when I was looking, they had more ASM parts than anyone else I could find.

ASM parts are as scarce as hen's teeth and you may find yourself using a different manufacturer's wedge and making it smaller.

VTI Gun Parts is also a source but when I was looking for ASM parts they had screws and not much else. http://www.vtigunparts.com/ and (860) 435-8068. Also very nice folks.

Both of these sources may be able to tell you what wedge is closest if they don't have the OEM.

Others in the group may have some additional suggestions.

bedbugbilly

Joe - until you get that forge fired up . . . remember . . . duct tape solves a world of problems. :D

On the serious side . . . . if you find someone who still has ASM wedges, would you either post back here or drop me a pm? Many thanks! Sincerely, bedbug :)

madcratebuilder

Worst case I gotta fire up the forge and get out the hammer and files.

That may be your best bet. I can't say for sure about the holster frame ASM's but the large frame ASM Dragoon and Walker uses a wider wedge than the large frame Uberti or 2/3 gen Colts.

You may be able to get a Dragoon wedge for a Uberti and cut it to fit your ASM 51.