Asking for feedback on Storm Lake Barrel for Glock 34

Dingoboyx

Just wondering if anyone has a stainless Storm Lake Barrel in their Glock, or any similar semiauto's. I'm wondering how the compare to Bar-Sto and other replacement barrels (for shooting cast) ;)

Muzza

WESHOOT2

I'm sorry; did you say "KKM"?

Certain (recent; this year) experience suggests a 'better' choice for a Glock is a KKM barrel.

Dingoboyx

Not sure if it is a KKM, I have a Glock 34 with an aftermarket stainless barrel. It has SLB1204 stamped on the barrel, seen thru the eject port with the slide forward. I googled glock barrels, one company making them is StormLakeBarrel.com I am guessing that could be the maker of this one coz of the SLB in the stamped number. Just wondering if this is a good guess, if not, what make it might be, and if they are any good.... other people's experiences or input ;)

Muzza

Sam06

Storm Lake makes a good Barrel. I have one on my G21 that I shoot in 3gun. The only reason I put it on the G21 is to shoot lead bullets. The accuracy is good with it and it has a tight chamber, but not too tight to make the gun unreliable. It was a drop in with no fitting. Storm Lake makes barrels for a bunch of factory guns and I have had good luck with my so far YMMV.....Sam

Dingoboyx

Thanks Sambo

My Glock 34 came from my local gunshop, they are ex services (police/army/security) and are sold with a new barrel, polymer box, book, tool and one mag. I paid $475 aussie dollars (in case you are interested) The shop couldnt tell me anything about new the barrel (I guess the old barrels are removed and destroyed, in case the gun has ever been used in service in a fatality, so the gun can never be ballistically linked to any event, or whatever government was thinking) However, I am happy with my purchase and thanx for your imput, just like other peoples take on my current shoot. ;)

Muzza

Attachments

• DCP_0012.jpg
    DCP_0012.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 33

Dingoboyx

Woops, Glock pic never attached to above post

This is my Glock 34, the other pic above is some of my other toys. A P22 front, then clockwise 44 mag Vaq, ROA .44, Pietta .44, Uberti Colt Dragoon .45, Euroarms of America .44, 44-40 Vaq.

Muzza

Attachments

• Glock 34.jpg
    Glock 34.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Glock 34 1.jpg
    Glock 34 1.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 34