Article on improving S&W revolver triggers. Please review.

I have written an article about working on the triggers in Smith & Wesson revolvers. It is not a tutorial about how to change springs and stone parts. Instead, it covers general concepts about working on revolvers.

The article is posted on my blog here:

Improving the trigger on Smith & Wesson Revolvers

The article was inspired by the questions that people ask when they find out that I like revolvers. Many of those questions are about trigger jobs and spring kits. When I answer the questions, I always have to explain a lot of background information, so I decided to organize that information in one place.

As I started to outline the important concepts, the article grew quite long, so maybe it should really be called a whitepaper or an ebook. But I think it is all information that will help anyone who wants a better trigger, and who is considering doing that work themselves.

A few of the topics covered are:

• What is a "good" trigger?
  • How should you insure that duty guns are reliable?
  • What is the relationship between the important springs in a revolver?
  • What are common causes of misfires?

I would appreciate feedback on this article. I am particularly interested in thoughts from people who are just starting to work on revolvers, since that is the target audience. And I would also appreciate feedback from experienced people about the overall quality of the information. Thank you.

Dozermonkey, thanks for your comment. Yes, this took quite a while to do. One of the hardest parts was organizing the information so that everything is presented in a sensible order.

Radny97, you are quite welcome.

And to other readers of the article, if you have opinions or comments, I'd be interested to hear them. I say some pretty opinionated things in the article, and I'm wondering if anyone is going to call me on any of them. :)

Gnystrom, glad you found the article useful. When I wrote this article, I knew that only a small audience would be interested. So I'm glad to know that at least a few interested people are finding it.

Rock Hammer

STRAIGHT SHOOTER..............A very impressive read , I book marked as well.
The audience is larger than you think my friend.
A big Thank You.....

rebs

I book marked it also and see you have other interesting articles as well.
Thank you I appreciate your work