Arsenal Firearms "Strike One"

lee n. field

yet this conjures images of a firearm featuring the technical superiority of both Lada and Fiat... )

What I used to hear was that the good Fiat models never got imported into the United State.

As far as Russian firearms go, what i see is a lot of clever and innovative things that we can't get here in the Land of the Supposedly Free.

MrApathy

interesting barrel lockup system would like to see more of it.
looks bit more like a caracal and glock hybrid.

steyr had lowest bore axis but looks like new gun in the world. wonder how they managed that. recoil looks minimal though who knows what they are shooting for ammo.

psycho nut

If I had the money and there was one in front of me I'd buy one. Other than that, the only thing I've seen about this was when it was announced.

Pilot

Seems the whole thing is Italo-Russian joint venture. (One should not stick to blunt clichés, of course, yet this conjures images of a firearm featuring the technical superiority of both Lada and Fiat

The Russians, and Italians have a great firearms manufacturing tradition. I know you are kidding, but Beretta, and Ferrari come to mind when I think about Italian firms. I think Fiat is the largest auto maker in the world. They must be doing something right.

thedudeabides

Just another striker fired gun with a long barrel.

How many is that now?

How is that revolutionary?

I'm sure it'll be as reliable as any tupperware from Glock, Smith and Wesson, XD, Walther.

Used to be that there was some artistry in designing and building guns. No we just slap on a striker fired slide on some extruded plastic dingus and call it revolutionary.

Coach Z

I'd like to see one up close, barrel system is interesting. Agreed I'm not sure how revolutionary it is but incremental improvements are good too.

In the photo of the boxed gun there is a black cylinder. Any idea as to what that is? Cleaning kit? Please don't tell me they include a suppressor in Europe. That would just make me feel a fool for living under US laws.

simonrichter

welcome to my 200th post :)

As far as the locking system is concerned, is it THAT revolutionary or is it simply a variation of the Walther P38 / Beretta 92 locking block approach?

Please don't tell me they include a suppressor in Europe. That would just make me feel a fool for living under US laws.

it indeed looks like, but I strongly doubt it. Cans are completely banned for civilian use in most EU countries (except Finland, as far as I'm informed). Any firearms enthusiast should consider himself lucky if he does NOT live in Europe, believe one who knows!