Armslist Transaction

'88Scrat

Anyone have any advice for Armslist transactions individual to individual that require shipping to a local FFL? I found a rifle I've been looking for for years now but my only option would be to have it shipped. I don't think the listing is a scam but it's not something I'm willing to gamble $1500 on.

Is there some kind of secure payment system that can guarantee recourse if it is a scam?

Scorch

Sounds to me like he is trying to do just exactly what you are. He is wanting to send it to a FFL for the transaction, right? And you want to make sure you don't get ripped off, right? So you meet at a dealer and the transaction happens there. You may have to pay a transfer fee. You get your gun, he gets his money, nobody gets jacked. Uless you are looking for a guarantee that the gun is actually worth $1500, in which case I don't know anyone who will guarantee something like that. It's a risk you take. You want it, he has it, and you want a guarantee? Nope. You pay your money, you take your chances.

laytonj1

Armslist is for face to face transactions only. You do not know who you are dealing with. There is no feedback system to see the sellers reputation. He may be legit but it is a $1500 gamble.

Jim