Armscor M206

01Apache

I went to a gunshow last weekend just to look around, with no intention of buying anything and came home with this:ARMSCOR 002.jpg

I've never attached anything to a thread so I hope the picture comes out. Anyway it's an Armscor M206, 2" .38 special. It's all steel with checkered wood grips and it's a 6 shooter! The finish on it is ROUGH, but all else checks out and meets Mr. March's inspection criteria. It looks (kind of) like a Colt detective special. It is made in the Philippines and from what I've read (on the internet), it is manufactured on old Colt machinery to old Colt prints and specs (?). As mentioned, I wasn't looking or even in the market for a DA snub, but I kept coming back to it and figured for a little pistol, brand new and under $250.00, why not. I guess I'll find out this weekend when we go to the range. Does anyone else have any experience with this make and model? I had never heard of Armscor prior to finding this one. This is now the only DA revolver I own.

01Apache

M206 performance

Went to the range this morning and put 100 CCI 158 grain LRN through this pistol. It is accurate to 25 feet, grouping 6 to 8 inch groups firing double action and 3 and 4 inches single action. When I said the finish was rough, that included the fixed sights; everything shot low and left from POA. This might all be me though. I really don't have much experience with other revolvers of this type so it's hard to make a comparison to any of the higher dollar/quality snubs, but overall it performed as it should. Has anyone heard of or experienced anything negative with this make and model?

stevieboy

6" to 8" groups at 25 feet are not what I'd call accurate. However, if you've bought the gun as a self-defense weapon it's probably quite serviceable for that purpose!

01Apache

It's accurate enough I guess; I won't be entering any competitions with it or taking any long range shots. The purchase was more of a curiosity and I don't regret buying it. This does make me want to go ahead and spend the money on better revolver of this type though.

Ralph2

Decent enough and didn't shoot apart when I took mine to the range. Downside is it is almost a Colt copy. The pin for the grip location is about a half a hole off position from where it is on an aftermarket grip. Not a bad difference as the wraparound grips fit the frame profile so the hole just needs fixing.

You should practice with different ammo. One brand or weight will probably shoot better. Plus you will get used to the gun which helps in the accuracy department.

01Apache

Thanks for the info regarding the grips as I was considering buying some spec'd for a Colt Detective Special. My DA shooting was to see if the gun would function properly firing as fast as I could pull the trigger, and it functioned fine. Agreed that different ammo and better grips along with more practice would most likely prove better accuracy. I'm happy with it for sure, but now seriously considering looking for the next available Colt or Smith and Wesson small frame DA. All my revolvers prior to this are SA.

loyloyola

I am more familiar with the semi-autos and they are apparently of very good quality. For the price vis-a-vis quality, it's a great buy.

indie

i bought one NIB for about $180 about a month ago. I havent been able to get to the range so its still unfired but I like that its a steel colt detective clone.

Armscor told me that it is supposed to be the same as the colt detective and that the detective grips would fit, but i guess not from Ralph2's experience. i personally think the stock grips are great now that i have the gun.

I bought it for pocket carry when I get my CCW license. I like the idea of 6 shots.

I like the little gun with having only dry fired it. I like the trigger and the wood grip. Feels good in my hand for a pocket sized gun and i have large hands.

The finish however i wish was a bit more scratch resistant. I have barely handled it and have a few minor scratches..but its purpose is to be carried so i dont really mind

01Apache

The Tyler T Grip is a great idea; they even have a new Manganese Bronze series that would look purdy against the flat black finish :), and the price is right.

Indie, the wood grips are nice and do have a good fit and feel, it just felt kinda spindly when firing DA.

Overall, very happy with it and would trust carrying it. After putting another 100 rounds through it, I'm confident enough with it's performance to say it would hold it's own against anything else out there in a defense situation.

It will probably never be a collectors piece, and it's not flashy or eye-catching, but it's made well and will get the job done. We'll be "secret friends" ;).

3006mv

Conrats, I am considering buying one of these. Is it rated for .38+P? Where can one purchase the Tyler T grip inserts? How's the recoil w/ the 158 gr ers? I am going to start reloading some 125 gr and also need to start shopping for one of these revolvers. What holsters are good?

woad_yurt

A friend of mine has one and I've shot is a few times. They're kind of the Hi-Points of the revolver world. Affordable, rough & not too pretty but they do what they're supposed to do.

chucksolo69

It kind of looks like my old Colt Agent. As for the accuracy, it is about as good as you are going to get from a 3" snubby with fixed sights and DA shooting to boot. My Agent was no better. At 25 yards I was lucky to get the bullets to print on the target let alone in the black. Sounds like a good buy.

Creature

I got to handle one not to long ago at Bob's in Norfolk.

It was like a very bad replica of a Colt. It had a terrible trigger and seemed very poorly made. I was quite shocked actually. I couldnt put it down and walk away fast enough.