Armscor Ammo

m&p45acp10+1

I have never even heard of it. Though I have been handloading for a couple of years so I have not purchased much factory ammo.

Yes. Pretty good stuff. I've used it in both 9mm and .45 ACP. Never had any bobbles. It tends to run a bit faster than Winchester USA.

woad_yurt

Is it jacketed?

I got some all-lead 9MM Armscor for my Star MOD 30. It leaded my barrel so badly and so quickly that I was surprised it didn't blow up. I went away very impressed with the Star and extremely disgusted with the ammo. It took two sittings (3.5 hours total) of cleaning to get it all out.

I still have two boxes. Any offers?

EdInk

Yeah, it's FMJ 9mm in small white boxes. I don't recall if it said reloaded or anything on it. I just briefly look at it while at my LGS because they had it for $8.99 per box (50rd) and figured I would research it before buying some. If it's at least on par with Tula, then I would take a chance on it. IIRC it was 124gr, not that I'm that concerned about the weight for practice ammo.

Silent Bob

I fired a 100 rounds of ARMSCOR yesterday afternoon through a 9mm BHP, seemed like decent ammo to me. Get it if its got a good price.

sandbag

Good Practice Ammo

I have shot 38 Super and 38 Special from Armscor with no problems at all.
It's all been FMJ and clean.

Webleymkv

I've shot Armscor 124gr 9mm in my CZ-75 before and it wasn't noticeably better or worse than any other practice ammo like WWB, UMC, American Eagle, S&B, Fiocchi, or Blazer Brass. I'd buy it again if the price was right, but I wouldn't pay a premium for it over anything else.

thunter270

I bought 1/2 a case in 38 Super. The ammo performed great. FMJ + re-loadable. Shoots clean. I do not reload though. Always wanted to, but I hear it's expensive to get started.

Sarge

I've got some Armscor .45 ACP 230 Ball for a T&E. When we have a calm day-- that isn't a downpour--I'll set up a chronograph, bench it for accuracy and write it all up.

I have shot some of it through a Rock Island GI, at targets of opportunity to about 50 yards. It runs slick and seems to be on par with any other 230 ball load.