Armor All on Glocks

elmrich

Does anybody here use Armor All on their Glocks. If it doesn't harm anything I'm going to try it on my G21.

SR420

ArmorAll: A product made for a problem that does not exist.

I wouldn't put it on my vehicle or my firearm.

John Ringo

Ha ha ha. Sorry, but this thread is funny for personal reasons.

Armor All has to be one of the worst products ever made. I remember in the old days when I put this stuff on my seats of my first car. OMG !!! I almost fell out of the car when I went around a sharp turn.

HighValleyRanch

When I clean my glock, i use one of two methods.
the first is when I really want to get it back to new.
1. Strip and use simple green, then gun scrubber, and then coat it all with breakfreee or Miltec. The break free or miltec penatrates the polymer and brings it back out to like new "gloss".

2. I do a quick clean with hoppes#9 after stripping, and the hoppes brings my glock back to looking new as well. Mine is a second gen glock 19 I've had since 1989, and it still looks good except for the holster wear on the slide. After either of the above the polymer frame looks good as new.

jonathon

I use Armor All on the inside of my Kydex or Injection Molded holsters. Supposedly protects the finish on the guns a bit better.... I guess it works, not finding any wear yet.

deputy tom

I did use it inside of my glock sport slide holster with good results.One time many years ago I wiped the seat of my Honda SL175 with it.Whilst standing along the side of the trail waiting for the tears to dry I decided never to treat the seats of vehicles again. :eek: tom.

elmrich

I thought maybe the Armor All would extend the life of the polymer. I don't guess I'll put it on if you all think its a bad idea.

DPris

Member Emeritus
It's a bad idea for the reasons given above.
The polymer will break down over time, there's not much you can do about it, and Armor All won't help there.
Denis

Handy

The best you can do for polymer is keep it clean and dry, use as few chemicals as possible on it, and store away from light.

Armor All is there to protect fairly simple vinyl compounds from UV. Not really applicable to Carbon Black protected nylon.

The Body Bagger

armor all is good for belts and for hoses,tires, and dashboards on cars. Not for extending the life of the polymer which is theoretically at this point atleast without expiration.

Dead-Nuts-Zero

Glocks are easy to clean. ;) Just read the laundry instructions on the tag. Or, I just toss them in the washing machine and add about a 1/2 cup Tide, (no bleech needed) set it on heavy duty, warm wash/cold rinse. Then tumble dry for about 35 minutes. :D :D

Be sure it's unloaded as the washing machine could spring a leak. :eek:
You can hang them on the line to dry but they often come up missing!
What an durable machine them Glocks are. :p

I use BreakFree on a rag and apply wet and after a few minutes, I take a dry rag and buff it off good to get rid of the slippery grip etc. Don't know if this is recomended or not, but it works good for me.

ArmorAll is a great product and it will restore many materials but I would be very careful if using it for a firearm as it will be very slippery just as others have said. I have used it on some of my older pachmier (sp) grips and it does a great job of softening the rubber and recondidions it. I let it soak in awhile then rub it off till it's not wet then I store them away. When I get them out later on, the ArmorAll is mostly absorbed and the rubber is much softer. It does take time and be careful when you first use it. It could be too slick if not dried off well.

stevelyn

I wouldn't Armor All the Glock for the same reasons Armor All cautions against using it on your car steering wheel.

Billy Sparks

Once made the mistake of Armor Alling my floor mats. Ever gotten Armor All on your shoes and then tried to hit the brakes hard? Money fing with a football on a ice staking rink comes to mind.

Trapp

They got this stuff called Just Once. It is a water based nonslip uv protecting better than Armor All. I use it on all of my vehicles. I get it off the internet from some company in Wahington (Triple R Enterprise?). Not to sound too much like an ad, but it is good shtuff.....Pretty sure it would work on the Glock. (not to mention the stuff you don't want slippery in your car)