Armalite AR-180

Microgunner

We just got into stock a brand new in the box, original (1960's) Costa-Mesa mfg. Armalite AR-180 w/scope, 3-mags, sling, manual, etc. It had never been put together. Woo-Hoo. May have to buy it for myself. Whaddya think?

tINY

Nice rifle. Not real accurate from what I read, but more than good enough for anything bigger than a prarie dog...

-tINY

HiBC

I used to have a Costa Mesa,then a Sterling.
I like them.I also had the original scope that slipped onto that tapered dovetail on top.Small like an acog,3x,inverted post,bdc knob.
I'm not real enthused about folding stocks,but it worked.
What I found outsranding is,a very good gas system and ,with the bolt carrier riding on guide rods,there is clearance,.060 or .080,between the bolt carrier and reciever.Very hard to stop!!

Microgunner

I also had the original scope that slipped onto that tapered dovetail on top

Yep. This one has the original Armalite scope as well. I mounted it for he first time today. It's weird how it slides back and forth on it's mount against that spring loaded plunger.

wayne in boca

Buy it,you'll like it.I picked up a Costa Mesa a couple years ago,and she's a shooter,as accurate as an AR15,and reliable as clockwork.I have a Stormwerkz scope mount,not an original.Sounds like it's your lucky day.:)