Arizona Response Fal build inbound!

smee78

Arizona Response Fal build ARRIVED!

Hey everyone,

I just got the e-mail that I have been waiting on for a few months now, Mark from Arizona Response sent me an e-mail tracking number for my Fal build that I sent in towards the begining of the year. I can't wait to get it and take it out, I knew he was back logged and I knew it was going to take some patience on my end but I'm glad the wait is almost over. I went with the barrel being shortened to 18" and Tapco OD green stock/grip/hand guard. I just cant wait, anyone else out there use Arizona Response for a build?:D:D:D I will post pic's when it arrives.

UPDATE! It arrived and it looks great (sorry for the crappy cell phone pic), I did not even wipe it down yet, it is still all oily. I am verrrrry pleased and cant wait to get it out and put some rounds down range:D I will post more pictures later on this weekend.

Attachments

• FAL Green.jpg
    FAL Green.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Kimio

I know of mark, he's a regular on The FAL Files, goes by the UN of GunPlumber. Really great guy, a little dry and blunt when it comes to advice (Which sometimes is the best kind) and is extremely well known for, well, knowing his stuff when it comes to an assortment of firearms. AK's and the FAL more specifically.

I'm waiting on my G1 FAL receiver from Coonan myself, so that I can get the ball rolling for my own build.

ordered it back in April and still the projected delivery date is sometime in November. The wait is killing me I tell you!

At any rate, congrats, hope she shoots well for you :)

HopeandChange

I know of mark, he's a regular on The FAL Files, goes by the UN of GunPlumber. Really great guy, a little dry and blunt when it comes to advice (Which sometimes is the best kind) and is extremely well known for, well, knowing his stuff when it comes to an assortment of firearms

Sounds like my kind of guy! :cool:

smee78

Ya,

I missed the Fedex drop off today (that work thing) so I will go and pick it up tomorrow, I cant wait. Mark has a web site, does all kind of work as well as finishes.

Kimio

Smee, I highly suggest you check out his guide to home gunsmithing on the FN FAL. It covers both the metric and inch variants. While expensive, it'll certainly help you in the long run IMO.

http://www.gunthings.com/faltools.htm

The guy really knows his stuff when it comes to the FAL.

smee78

Ya I thought of building my own but I wanted to shorten the barrel and dont have a lathe or any of the other special tools/fictures so I figured why not just send it to Mark. His rep on the Fal Files spoke volumes about his work and these days time seems short so...

Kimio

Yeah, he helped me a lot when I was looking around, trying to put together my G1 build. I'm still a very long ways away from completing her, but it'll be worth it in the end. If I may ask, are you going for a fixed stock variant or the Para? If you have the para, you may want to look into this.

A gentleman at the FAL files has managed to put together a stock adapter that would allow you to mount an ACR folding stock to the para receivers.

IMHO the lines look fantastic on the riFAL.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356103

20130626_181659_zps472d0b36.jpg

With the picatinny upper from DSA

photo3.jpg

Last edited:

smee78

Ya that does look good, On this build I am going with the fixed stock, my next build will be a para, I have a rodie folder sitting with my other kit and it will be my para setup project next but I do like that ACR setup.

Herr Walther

Looks great! Mark does fantastic work. He helped me through the FAL Files when I was building my StG.58 years ago.

The SCAR stock looks awesome. I wish I had a Para model. Too bad it won't work on a conventional lower.

Tejicano

I've met Mark too. Great guy. I bought his FAL builder's video and mentally digested as much of it as I could.

I was also a long time resident on FAL Files, corresponded with Mark off and on there, and have built a half dozen of them myself.

Mark knows FALs inside and out and I would prefer one of his builds to DSA or anything short of an actual FN built rifle.

smee78

Thanks everyone for your comments, I am excited about getting this baby out and doing some shooting, I hope I can get this gun to shoot as good as the test target that was included in the box.