Argentine FM Hi-Powers?

VictorLouis

This is a virtual clone of a MKIII with firing pin safety, right down to the white 'bar' sights and ambi-safeties. The only outright differences I can see are that it has a large ring hammer, and a serrated sight plane as on a Gold Cup.

The 'pricey' dealer in town has it for $374, so I'm curious as to what a good deal may really be. Oh, any overall impressions you may have as to its quality, or lack thereof.

dinosaur

Go to www.fnhipower.com and post this.

Some of the guys post here but you`ll get more info there.

I made a deal with the guy with the Model 18 but I haven`t gotten it yet. I`ll post on the other board when it comes.

Redlg155

I've had my Argie Hi Power for several months now and have been completely satisfied with it. I have the "older" version without the bold commercialized model 95 number on it.

It cost me $250 and has been worth every dime. The finger groove grips that come with the weapon aren't the greatest and I ended up swapping them out for a set of Pachmayer Signature grips. This particular weapon is the most accurate out of any I currently own. The all steel frame also keeps recoil down to almost nothing.

I've put at 500+ rounds through this pistol with no malfunctions whatsover, even with my wife's "limpwristing".

I guess the only complaint would be the loose slide to frame fit, but the barrel to slide fit is extremely tight.

Oh..and the 14rd mags rattle a little sometimes, but then I've been told that magazine rattle as well as loose slide to frame fit is a malady common to HP's.

Good Shooting
RED

zot

the best ones are now out there with a wholesale price $300,
and thats arsenal refinished,$20 extra for handpickm add 18%
and dealer $25, what does that come to?:D

denfoote

Victor,
I was looking at one of those this past weekend. The gunsmith is really into Hi-Powers (he owns 13), so I asked him about it. He said that it was ok, but the steel the Argentines used was softer than what FN uses. He said that after 1000, or so rounds, you COULD see some frame degredation. I passed on the deal, and bought another .45!!!! :)