Are you ready for this?

Menos

Gentlemen:

" When in the course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to disolve the bonds which have connnected them with another, and to assume among the Powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation....."

The first sentance of the Declaration of Independence says it pretty well ; but the third is the fulcrum of government:

"That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed-- that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends , it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it....."

So , to this end we are pledged... to reform this out of control government , or to replace it with one more befitting the inherent decency and respect due all of her Citizens..... "And for the support of this declaration, with firm reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor. "

Are you ready?

------------------
What part of "INFRINGED" don't they understand?

Destructo6

Aye.

------------------
I offer neither pay nor quarters nor provisions; I offer hunger, thirst, forced marches, battles and death. Let him who loves his country in his heart, and not his lips only, follow me.
-Giuseppe Garabaldi

Hal

Menos,
Some few months ago this subject came up here. Check out DC's website and follow the link to the DOI. Interesting how many of the same points apply to the current administration. If memory serves me correctly, it is someting like 10 out of 12. I look for the link when I have a bit more time.

------------------
Want to feel your age?Check it out. http://web.superb.net/boy/age1.html