Are you male or female?

What is your gender?

• Female

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Male

Votes: 99 93.4%

• Total voters

OnTheFly

It appears, from my short time as a TFL member, that I've never read a post from someone who I thought was a female. From my experience at the range, the majority of shooters/hunters are males, but females ARE involved in shooting. Just curious if there are any females on TFL, and what the percentage is.

Fly

pax

One of the reasons I like posting online is because you get to know people's thoughts without getting hung up on the shape or color of the bag of protoplasm that carries those thoughts around.

pax

The Canuck

pax said:
One of the reasons I like posting online is because you get to know people's thoughts without getting hung up on the shape or color of the bag of protoplasm that carries those thoughts around.

Oh, pax... you're the biggest romantic...:D

RedneckFur

But what would that third option be?

...Actually, thats a can of worms I dont want to open... I've seen some polls for gender that gave as many as 5 options.

Slugthrower

Word Nazi moment... Sex = Male or female.

Gender is a reference in relation to sex and isn't a person's sex.

Gender = Barbies for girls or action figures for boys. Both are dolls.
Properly it infers to he, she, or it.
" She is one fine motorcycle." That would be how gender is implied to an object.

Today we sure like to distort and twist the language. Oh well, you get the point boys and girls or gender benders of the he-she variety. :D

straightShot

I saw a few minutes of a program about transgender last night on the History or Discovery Channels. I didn't realize that there were as many options. I guess that I'll have to pay more attention at the range.

knzn

My humble opinion:

Two of the greatest contributers here and on another popular firearm forum are women.

Oldphart

I don't know. At 73 years old it's been a long time since I needed to know. If you're really interested I guess I could look.

Mal H

Staff
Slugthrower - ok, you wanna take it in that direction, eh? ;)

You are correct that gender most often refers to an attribute of a noun and sometimes adjectives and articles with regards to being masculine, feminine or neuter (some languages have more genders, some have fewer.) However, another completely acceptable definition of gender is "sex" as in "the feminine gender". So the way OTF used the word is an acceptable usage.

claude783

Let's see, today's mother's day, wife wanted me to clean up the kitchen, living room, etc...so today, am somewhat confused as to what my gender is...a Mrs. Doubtfire moment...my first day as a woman and already I'm having Hot Flashes!

Needless to say Breakfast and a rose, plus the offer to purchase a new plasma TV didn't get me out of having to clean up the house, the other part is her taking pictures...blackmale (sic) for some future date?

Now, in the future I expect more and more ladies to become intrested in the shooting sports. There are more women in the military and they overcome their fears of shooting, their "liberal" training about firearms and are able to recognize that a piece of metal doesn't commit the crime...ye Gads, my ink pen must be blamed for bad check writing, cars should be blamed for drunk driving, and the list goes on!