Are you an impulse buyer pistols holsters

mrt949

We have all done it .Man I must have that .Then you find out CRAP I don't like it. What do you do next .Keep ,sell,trade or give it as a gift. Firearms are a magnet .

BarryLee

No, I generally do some research via articles, forums and YouTube before I buy. Now, even with that I still end up with a few that just don't work out.

CajunBass

I am. I'll see something and take a liking to it. It doesn't help that my wife is usually right beside me telling me "Get it if you want it." Of course most of what I buy are used guns that come in at random times, so I check with the LGS every few days. In my experience if I see something I might want, I better at least put a "hold" on it, because it won't be there by the time I go to the men's room and come back. The Smith and Wesson revolver guys are brutal around here. They keep blocking me from getting to the front of the crowd.

If I end up with something I don't like, or more likely I see something else I want, I won't hesitate to sell/trade something.

kenny53

Depends on the day and how much money I have. I would guess my last three guns were impulse buying but the holsters were well thought out.

Hawg

Yeah, I'm an impulse buyer. I go to the gun shop to see what calls out to me. I can't say I ever bought one I didn't like or was somebody else's problem. I've bought a few I was disappointed in. I went to the gun shop awhile back and they had same used Browning 1911 22's. I looked at a few of them but they were so little I said nah. After I got home I couldn't quit thinking about them so I said the hell with it and went and bought one. The thing shoots a lot further to the right than I'd like it to but it's still a fun gun and I'm keeping it.

RickB

I used to impulse buy holsters on ebay, because I'm a lefty and there's often little competition. When you spend $20 on a couple of $100 holsters, impulsiveness can be more like opportunity.

lunger

Put me in the yes category.

40 years ago I started looking for a comfortable, concealable ,holster with good retention . I am still looking.

44caliberkid

Mos def yes! That's how I got a Colt Python, Coonan 357, Remington 600, 350 Mag with laminated stock, KelTec Sub2000, and a 38 Super Colt Commander in satin nickel. Still have two, three have been sold. The KelTec was just because it was so cheap, guy needed money, I'd never even heard of it.

dgludwig

Most people that I know who have several types of handguns (sa and da revolvers, an asunder list of autos, single-shots, etc) that are used for several kinds of endeavors (EDC, hunting, plinking/target, tactical competition, etc.) have what is affectionally known as the "holster drawer"). I have two. :eek:

Eddiejoe

Yeah. For years I'd buy any Star M-series or Firestar that I could get. Not one of them ran right, but I kept telling myself that next time, it would be different!

mrt949

I am the OP I am guilty if it looks good feel good I will take a chance .
Just like WOMEN .
You never know if you have a keeper .
Happily married 30 YRS .

ss1/G8RFAN

Whoops, read the question wrong. Bought shoulder and ankle rigs that I never liked. Bought an amazing safariland rig for my Sig P320 M17 w/ tactical light and then decided to throw on a Sig1Pro on it and well.....

Last edited:

Hawg

Whoops, read the question wrong. Bought shoulder and ankle rigs that I never liked. Bought an amazing safariland rig for my Sig P320 M17 w/ tactical light and then decided to throw on a Sig1Pro on it and well.....
I did too. Totally missed the holster part. Now with those I'm not an impulse buyer.

Pistoler0

I am.
I just bought one a second ago. I wanted a leather holster with a claw for a Witness Polymer Compact, but the manufacturer I like does not make one. However they make one for the Beretta 92 X Compact which is the same size as the Witness. So I bought it without being 100% sure it fits.

AzShooter

jWYut80l.jpg

I make my own these days after I buy a gun that I like. I do have a drawer full of old holsters I've bought over the years. Many were nice at the time but I had different needs.