Are we being hosed?

Nightcrawler

I have a feeling that handgun prices are high in my area, but I'm not sure. Here are some examples from various stores (Gander Mountain plus local shops). Prices are approximate.

Ruger KP90 .45: $460
Ruger P89/95: $375
Glock 17/22: $550
Glock 21: $599
Springfield Loaded 1911: $700+
Sig P220/P226: $750
HK USP45: $799

Whaddayall think?

Blue Duck357

Your prices look about like mine in Southeast Missouri except both Glocks which would be on average $40-50 higher here.

I'd say were both getting hosed ;). I'd love to buy local, but I'm not bringing a jar of vaseline with me for each sale.

Shawn3879

I live in Oklahoma.
The Rugers look about the same as in my area.
Everything else you mentioned looks a little higher than here.
I remember back before Glock became so "scary" and "invisible to airport security" (lol) a person could get one with 2 full-caps for under $400. ;) The Pre-Brady years were great!

foghornl

Your Ruger prices are about $20 higher than at my favorite local shop, but on par with most others in my immedaite (Greater Cleveland, OH) area

Scarborough

About the same in North Dakota. The Glock's can and do run about $ 50.00 higher. It seems that prices began to really jump about three years ago.

Sundance

Some of our better shops in East Tennessee can beat those prices by between $50 and $150 per gun depending on model. Our gun shows are higher than our shops and even they beat most of those prices. I say you are getting hosed. However, prices are going up everywhere, and this is a result of prices going up at the manufacturers. If you will watch the suggested retail prices posted on manufacturer's web sites, you will see them go up periodically. Compare the current Blue Book of Gun Values to the previous one, and it will scare you how much prices have gone up.

jim-alex

Nightcrawler:

$299 is way high for a P11, even here in Northern Va, the home of overpriced handguns. Show price for your basic P11 ranges from $210 to $230.

Regards,
Jim

m.i.sanders

Down here in SC, Rugers are little less, but everything else looks about the same. Makes it a littel difficult to buy new toys.

Spackler

Those prices look pretty close, in general, to what I see here in Central PA.

There is one local shop called "Discount Guns" that will order whatever you want for like 6% above his costs. Gotta love that.

DMK

Those are sale prices right?

Man, you get great deals!

How about a local shop charging $425 for a Henry Golden boy, $450 for a used PPK, or $1250 for an M1 carbine. I don't think I've ever seen a 1911 for under $900.

Hey, I go to gunshows to actually look for deals on guns.

Jeff OTMG

High for Ok. and Tx. A small frame Glock at the Houston gun show last weekend started at $459. Outdoor America in OKC is $466. Seems like you are about $100 high on the SIG's as well.

gumshoe4

Seems a little high for my area. I paid about $300 for a new Ruger P95 and about $350 for a new Ruger P97.

But then, this is California, where a two-bedroom hovel costs $500,000. Your housing might be less expensive, but they're getting it back in gun prices!!;)

dsk

Prices seem to be on a level with around here in WA state. Unfortunately the gunshows are where you really get screwed out here. In any case, I think we're feeling the effects of the high costs of fighting off all those ridiculous "your gun shot my baby brother!" lawsuits, not to mention the Clintonesque ones.

boiler03

Hosed

"We were hosed Davey!"---Mountain Dew Commercial

Sorry couldn't resist:D

I have been shopping a lot online and they seem fair to me.