Are there any unintended consequences to the new laws in Colorado? You betcha!

jimpeel

It seems that this anti firearms group wants to have a "buyback" but the new laws on transfers prevent them from doing so without a licensed FFL to make the transfers for each and every transaction. That would break their bank in background check fees alone.

So now they are bemoaning the law that has prevented them from taking firearms "off the street" as it were.

Now, this is an unintended consequence that we can all live with -- at least until this debacle is repealed in the courts.

SOURCE

Gun buyback canceled because of new Colorado gun laws
Published July 25, 2013
Associated Press

BOULDER, Colo. – Organizers have canceled a gun buyback at the request of Boulder County Sheriff Joe Pelle, who says Colorado's new gun laws would make it nearly impossible to comply.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...e-new-gun-laws/?test=latestnews#ixzz2a2cm9AFP

<MORE>

Laxguy59

Ill be honest some of those buy backs turn out great deals if you stand outside of them. That said they encourage theft and destruction of evidence

scrubcedar

This is an elected official in Boulder Colorado. It would be astounding if he had a positive thought about anything that we found good or right. There are elected officials who are gun proponents in both political parties, we all know this. I can't imagine finding any of them in Boulder.

jimpeel

I'm just sorry to say that I live in Boulder County. Pelle has been really good at issuing CCWs. There are only two things wrong with Boulder County: Boulder and Boulder County.