Are Springfied Scopes Any Good?

EOD Guy in VA

I'm getting a Springfield Arsenal M-21 and debating which scope to put on it. I'm curious if anyone has experience with SA's scopes.
Are they any good?
Which reticle option is best?
If not a SA scope, what else works well with a M-21?

Thanks

50 shooter

I've heard of some failures but have never seen one. Have you looked at Leupold, NightForce or U.S. Optics? They are more expensive but you won't go wrong.

www.nightforceoptics.com
www.usoptics.com

If you get a Leupold, check out Premier Reticles if you want to get it boosted in power. They only work on Leupold's and will also do custom reticle work also.

Unicron

I searched like crazy for information about Springfield scopes...and ended up getting a Leupold from Premier Reticles.

Got a 4.5-14x50mm LRT with USMC mildot.

Gary H

I have a 4-14x40 Tactical Government Model with 5.56 bullet drop reticle. It is a good scope and maintains zero on my SL-8. My only other scoped rifle uses the Weaver Grand Slam, which is very good optically. Haven't shot the rifle it is mounted to, so no other remarks. The Weaver has slightly better optics. I believe that Springfield scopes are made by Hakko of Japan.

Rob01

Do like 50 Shooter said and forget the Springfield. My buddy had one of the 3rd Gens on his M1A and the whole objective came loose enough so that you could rock it back and forth and the scope never held zero. I've heard other horror stories on the net too that I haven't witnessed. If you stick with Leupold or Nightforce, I'm not a big USO fan because I think they charge too much for what you get but that's just my opinon, you should do fine.

The Leupold 3.5-10x40 M1 LR would work nicely as you'ld have the lower power for close in but also the 10 for farther out. Also it has a 40mm objective which will let you mount the scope lower as we all know it will be high enough as it is with an M1A mount. And it also won't break your bank. They run about $730 at SWFA. Part number 52128. I'm sure Premier Reticle has them at about the same price too.