Are Kahrs pretty decent pistols ??

vyper005

I've never shot one before but have always heard good things about them...I like the regular size steel frame 9mm version alot...Are these pistols accurate ?? Any known problems ?? Thanks...

Jhp147

yes

Do a search here and you will find scads of info. The info here played a big part in causing me to buy a K9. My only Kahr shooting experience is with that particular gun, and I can make one ragged hole groups at 7 yards, so it is accurate enough for me. I like the heavy steel frame, you will find mentions of problems with the P series, but they may have that worked out. As they say on TV, "I'm a big fan..."

dinosaur

If you`re seriously considering a Kahr, you might want to wait and check out the new lighter weight ones coming out. Kahrs aren`t cheap. The K series are excellent guns but it`s so annoying to buy one, then want another etc.

OTOH, with the new models coming out, the gadflies will probably be trading in their "obsolete" K`s and you could find a real good deal. Extra mags, broken in, holsters included.

Eric Larsen

I think everyone should have an MK, K and T series....just because. :D I have a sweet K 40 and its just about perfect.
For more range work, home defense and IWB carry the T" would be just about perfect....the Tactical with LowMounts.....
They are that good....Shoot well

FlyinGN

yes they are.. I have been carrying a K40 for years now and the gun is just about as close to perfect that there is.. Accurate, reliable and built like a tank..

Frank

rhoss1

You better belive it!! They are great guns.. And if you get one you will see why.
I have a mk9 and love the gun. Hoss

juliet charley

I'd say considerably better than decent. My Kahr K9 (stainless steel frame full-size) is far more accurate than any DAO pistol that small has a right to be--considerably more accurate for me than the similar sized Glocks (or DA revolvers) that I've shot.

DPSproles

K9 Elite98

I trust my life to my Kp Elite 98! For me, it is nearly the perfect gun for me...size, weight, accuracy, capacity, reliability. I have fairly small hands and this gun is like it was made for my grip, hand size, etc. I have heard people with small, medium and large hands say the same thing though.

Someone said before...they are not cheap and goo dluck finding good used ones, but if you do and it is in good shape, snatch it up and you shall be pleased!

David

bad_dad_brad

I have one of the first generation MK9's and am very pleased with it. It is a bit heavy for pocket carry though. It can be done.

The tolerances are pretty tight. Brass is mangled after ejection. I noticed that 115g silvertips bullets are dented sometimes when unloading a chambered round. Keep it clean or you might have a failure to go into battery.

I would like one of the new T9's that have just been announced.

Rovert

Venom, the Kahrs are all that, and a box 'o chocolates. Check my website (below) for a write-up on my MK9 Elite.

DD698

Kahr Pistols

The July addition of the American Rifleman has an excellent article on Kahr pistols. I would suggest that you obtain a copy and read it. Good Luck.

Mike in VA

I picked up a P-9 about 18 months ago. It had 'the slide stop problem'. Sent it backto Kahr, had it back in about 10 days, been flawless ever since. As mentioned, it eats everything, accurate, sweet trigger, very concealable. It is a bit small for my big paws, and there's a bit of muzzle flip (recoil isn't bad, it's just a light little gun). Try it, you'll like it:)

Zundfolge

My new best friend and constant companion is my Kahr MK40 Elite 98

its comfortable to carry, shoots well (although I need more practice) and has been quite reliable, plus I love the potent .40S&W in a gun that small (most other guns that small would limit me to .380 or maybe 9x19).

I figure I'll own a couple more Kahrs before I'm done :)

22lovr

Never shot one but....but....but

I've scrutinized their metal-framed MK9 at very close range, field-stripped it and voila! If this is not the semi-auto version of the SP101, I don't know what is. The MK9 is put together like a bank vault with heavy-duty components. You can tell a lot about a gun by just field stripping it and admiring it's parts. The MK9, for my $.02 worth, oozes with quality.

Rickmeister

K40 Elite: as accurate and reliable as my CZ-75, Kimber Gold Match and Walther P-99. Only smaller!

Little wonder it's my standard carry piece.

dkochan

I have a Kahr P9 and love it because it is very thin, accurate and lightweight. I had problems with the slide prematurely locking back so I sent it back to the factory for repair. My P9 has worked flawlessly since I got it back from the factory.