Votes: 54 22.4%
  • I really like it...It's kinda sexy...

Votes: 53 22.0%
  • Butt A$$ ugly...

Votes: 134 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vyper005

I really like the look of the Glock...They appear simple yet tough...How do you guys rate their looks ??

gbelleh

I like how Glocks look. Sure, they're not all pretty and shiny like some guns, but IMO they're still very good looking pistols.

Maybe I'm biased because the first gun I ever owned was a G26!

Texas2NC

Glocks are butter knives.... functional tools but not much to look at.

1911's, on the other hand, are Samurai swords, maybe not a functional as a Glock, but a whole lot purtier :D

Yes, I own both.... I am bi-pistual :p

croyance

If it looks good to you, that's all that matters. It's like when guys are concerned with how other guys think their girlfriend looks. Does it really matter? The important thing is that you are happy.
But for me, they look good in Bizarro World. In this universe, no.

thomcatf14

I tried for the longest time to convince myself that my G21 was somehow beautiful. It worked for maybe 5 minutes at a time.

The truth is, they're ugly.

But you know what? They fire every time your finger tells them to, and it'd take a 50 megaton nuclear explosion to even come close to damaging that Tennifer coating!

shy_man

I am not a Glock fan, but I like the look of some models. I like the look of a Glock 17 competition pistol but I don't like the look of their models having short grip or stock.

I am always a 1911 afficionado but I am eyeing to have one glock when I have extra $$$s. :cool:

dsk

I rate them as being very businesslike in appearance. No they are not pretty, but they are not "badly drawn" either. I can actually think of several guns that are a lot uglier in appearance.

I think the main reason why the notion of Glocks being "ugly" persists is because of the reaction they received when they first hit the market. Back in 1986 they looked very strange, lying there in the glass case next to high-polished Colt Government Models and Browning Hi-Powers. But just as folks eventually got used to Elvis' "gyrations", times have changed and people are a lot more receptive to them.

Clutch

Beauty is, apparently, in the eye of the beholder. In semi-autos, the 'best looking' weapon is the open slide Berettas... the old Walther PPKs... But, of course, I expect to be disagreed with. ;)

Thank god we don't all like the same thing...

Talon66

beauty or beast?

They are without a doubt, the ugliest looking pistol ever designed but I wouldn't hesitate to carry one to protect my life and the lives of my loved ones. I can't miss with a Glock! One of the sweetest shooting handguns I've ever owned.

Amish

Rugers are Uuuugly. Makes Glocks look half decent. I guess it's all relative. Compared to SIG's and Beretta's, Glocks are like plastic forks, usefull but nothing to look at.

Carbon_15

I personaly think a fresh, unblemished Glock has a classy, not-to-busy, simple eligance to it....kinda like a nice Tux. Very business like.

Attachments

• monochrome3.jpg
    monochrome3.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 137

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
Over time, my opinion has drifted from "ugly enough to make a freight train take a dirt road" to "not too bad looking, in a simple, blocky way; kinda the shaker furniture of guns".