are Canada Para better than USA?

jborushko

saw somebody off hand mention this in a different thread

are the older Para's that came out Canada known to be better than the newer US made? i havent heard that the US made are lesser qual, just the normal bickering between brands

if you believe so, why?

i did own a para warthog - which never worked well for me, thought the new owner says its perfect - not sure where it was made

and i currently own a 4" LDA CCW stainless with that goofy "double action" trigger which has never failed me... this WAS made in Canada

I can will post about my new Para PXT 18.9 pretty soon, keep an eye out for the report if your interested on how this American made Para does.

The American Para 1911s have less problems in general (very few QC issues like FTFs, FTEs, poorly machined frames, soft slides, ect). I do believe that the older pre PXT Canadian pistols might have had more finishing (less machine marks and the like). About the time Para moved here, they came out with the PXT which is an all around upgrade you can read about on Paras webpage, also have a look at m1911.org for more para info.