Are 1895 Nagant Revolvers Available

Fox84

I saw a crate of these at a gun show months ago and wish I picked one up for just over $100. I've been looking for a month and can only find them on auction sights. I'am looking at J&G, Aims Surplus and Classic Arms. Is there any other sources for one of these?

Sport45

Graf's has them. At least they still show up on their dealer site. If you have a C&R FFL you get dealer pricing and can have it shipped to your home (if state laws allow).

They also have surplus ammo for them.

Cheapshooter

Southern Ohio Guns (SOG) show them on their dealer site as well. $119.95 + shipping.
Don't know about ammo. All their ammo is now marked "call for pricing & availability"

jimbob86

Cabela's has them, and ammo as well.

The gun is $149, and a box of PPU ammo is $25 :eek: .....

I'd like one ...... but not at that price.

kilimanjaro

Don't get the surplus ammo that's out there now, it's not reloadable and corrosive. The Prvi stuff is pretty good, little over 50 cents a round.

I'd want to pick my own Nagant for $149, a nice Czar era or pre-WWII date, maybe. Some of the import marks are getting electropenciled right on top of the old markings on the left side, be careful of that.

noelf2

Don't get the surplus ammo that's out there now, it's not reloadable and corrosive.

I disagree. Get the surplus ammo. So it's corrosive if you don't clean your gun. Clean your gun after shooting and you won't notice the difference, except the ammo is cheaper and much more snappy.

deerslayer303

x2, Yeah the PPU is pretty weak compared to the surplus. They do that thinking, any hotter and your 100+ year old nagant might blow up :rolleyes:

leadchucker

SOG had Nagants for around a hundred in their last flier. I was sorely tempted, but ammo cost and availability deterred me.

Cheapshooter

X3 on the surplus ammo. Shoots great, and clean up isn't a problem with a Nagant. I just give it a thorough going over with good with good ole #9, rinse, and repeat as they say, and oil the bore well. No corrosion signs what so ever!
Wish I would have bought a bunch more when it was probably much cheaper than now.

truenorthern

Mine is at

Mine is at the `Smith's , getting the barrel threaded. These Nagants are the only revolver that is easily silenced. With a 9mm. pistol can there is almost no sound. My `Smith thought the first one he shot silenced, misfired. That quiet.
It will be just another cool gadget to occupy my interests until another project facinates me.

Fox84

Hope I can find a gun because I bought a bunch of surplus ammo today at a show for $5 for 14rds.

Fox84

I called SOG. They have them but found out they sell to FFL holders only. Then I called Gander Mountain and they had my transfer guy on file. I should have it by the weekend.

Last edited:

Cheapshooter

I called SOG. They have them but found out they sell to FFL holders only

Are you saying not C&R FFL, or didn't you know you can't but a gun on line without a FFL?
Just wondering If they changed their policy on C&R FFL purchases.

Cheapshooter

Other than being unique, historic, and mechanically interesting, it doesn't seem that ammo is as hard to find as more common rounds in today's ammo crazy times. Not cheap though.
Stopping by Cabela's the other day I noticed the whole top shelf of a 4 foot section of shelving stacked high with Privi 7.62 Nagant. Of course it was $25 for a fifty round box.

Cheapshooter

Yep. SOG only sells and ships to FFL's. (Psst. An 03 C&R is an FFL.)

Of course, it't the law. I've bought many C&R firearms from SOG, and others with my 03 FFL. Just wondering If because of all he crazyness now that a change has been made in their policy to protect the supply to their Class 01 Dealer FFL customers.

Fox84

I told the lady I wanted a 1895 Nagant revolver. She said they had them and asked if I had a FFL. Then she said they couldn't sell to me. We never talked about C&R.