AR9 LRBHO

dyl

What is responsible for Last Round Bolt Hold Open on a dedicated Glock mag? Just the mag catch like usual? Or is there something else more specialized?

I was thinking of buying a Spikes Ar9 lower just because reviews said LRBO was reliable. If it's just a matter of having a good mag catch, perhaps my options open up.

stagpanther

Not familiar with Spike's--though if it's like most others in dedicated Glock mag lowers it has a lever system which actuates upon the magazine being emptied (otherwise under pressure in front of the follower by a cartridge case when the magazine still has a cartridge in it) spring causing the bolt catch to engage the bolt upon cycling. I personally like Colt's magwell adaptor system better since it uses regular AR lower and parts (and uses a straighter feed ramp alignment); but the 9mm's generally work fine no matter what system you use.

9x19

Three words:
Foxtrot Mike Products
IMO, they have the best design out there for LRBHO... and they just intro'd a .45/10mm lower.

Fishbed77

I have a PSA 9mm Glock-mag AR with he LRBHO. It was very unreliable with regards to cycling (failures to feed mostly) when I got it, but a trip back to PSA fixed that.

However, the LRBHO operation is spotty (doesn't always lock back), and pressing up on the bottom of the magazine when firing will lock the bolt back prematurely.

I guess there's a reason why PSA doesn't offer these any more.

dyl

Interesting how the Foxtrot Mike Products AR9 lower is the same price as the Spike's tactical. I've never tried anything from either so they're about even for me at this point. I also do like the idea of PSA things, if it weren't for the lack of LRBHO I'd have gotten one already! Thanks for the input everyone