AR15/M16 legality in the Philippines

Stalker

Is the AR15/M16 and other carbine variations allowed in the Philippines? What brands are available? What are the laws regarding it? Thanks in advance! :)

KaliSIG

Stalker,

The Colt M16/AR15 design is being manufactured by a company in the Philippines to cut the cost of importing them from the US. They are extremely abundant there, also due to the surplus weapons from the Vietnam War. Only LE & military personnel are allowed to own them. But like any Third World country, they are available through the Black Market to anyone that can afford them. Does that answer your question?

Adrian

Stalker

Really? I thought they were legal because about two days ago, i saw a poster about a 2 gun match, pistols & m16 rifles/carbines. And i think our military issue rifle is a Colt M16A2 because one of my relative is in the army. :cool:

KaliSIG

Stalker,

I wasn't implying that they were illegal to own. They can be owned legally by some civilians - who have been given permits by the government. Firearms are just as regulated there as they are here.

Mabuhay,

Adrian

zxc

Not to regular blokes

Not available to civilians even in semi. Unless you belong to the elite ruling class. Go to the "mountains" though and you can get anything you want if you speak to the right people.

Stalker

Cool!!!:cool: I just found out when i went to the range this morning that any rifle/pistol/shotgun is legal because of the new amnesty thing! You can own any weapon no matter if its in a semi, burst or full auto config! And no magazine restrictions! just pay the license which is about $210! :p

zxc

legal

youre either former mil/ politico/ related to the bosses=otherwise a friend drew a 10 yr sentence for illegal possession M16 / Elizalde tool. Hope thats not a rental thru the club.

gunpdr

M16s and other select fire weapons (except crew served) can be legally owned by civilians if such firearms were registered under the amnesty offered by the PNP sometime during the early 90s.

It was under this amnesty that I had one of my M16 A1 carbines licensed.

A couple of years ago there was a presidential Executive Order issued by former president Estrada further relaxing the rules on civilian full auto firearm ownership but to my knowledge this was never implemented.