AR10 Muzzle brake options

dvdcrr

What 2 or 3 chamber brakes are you guys throwing on your AR10's these days? Looking for a good one, not too heavy or long for a hunting rig. I dont want it to affect accuracy either, so needs to be quality part.

zeke

Mine are silencerco. But whatever you get, might consider rechecking your zero. Have never put on a mb that didn't affect poi slightly. (depending on your definition of slightly)

zeke

good point, but your overall group sizes were about the same?
Same or better on bolts or semi's. But i did not run any statistical analysis. Some significantly improved when compared to the factory brake they came with.

Course putting a brake on a 16 incher may be objectionable to anyone to the side of it. Mostly i use the brakes on bolts and semi's to be able to see hits at distance and attach accessories.

DubC-Hicks

If looking for a plain brake with no suppressor mounting, I really like the options from VG6. Both the Epsilon and Gamma are solid and regularly found on sale.

bacardisteve

I have the strike industries jcomp on one build. Works well and has some flash suppression but not much. It's loud just like any other brake. The factory brake that came with the ruger sfar is very effective but also one of the loudest brakes I've ever been around . Pva has some nice ones too never ran one on a ar10 but have a jetblast on a 300 win bolt gun and it tamed recoil down below a non braked 308