AR was not used at Sandy hook

TheGoldenState

Whether it was the AR or not the AR, it doesn't matter now. The wheels have been set in motion.

There will be a scapegoat; the media demands it, and it will be "weapons of war & high capacity magazines."

I am curious as to what happens when the next killing(s) are done with low count mags from a hangun…..or even a revolver.

BTW, a van crashed killing 11 school kids…….haven't heard much about that, and no talk of the '13 Van-Ban.

This has already been discussed. The AR WAS used. The long gun recovered from the trunk of the car was a shotgun. (Most people who know shotguns guess it's a Saiga.)

rdmallory

This has already been discussed. The AR WAS used.

Does anyone know for sure? I have seen it reported as two pistols with the AR still in the trunk. Two pistols and an AR and a shotgun in the trunk. And today I heard 4 pistols and a "long gun" still in the trunk.

Doug

drmallory said:
Does anyone know for sure?
I'm not on the scene as an investigator, but (like a lot of people) I have been following the story with morbid interest, at least in part because my late uncle lived just a few miles from the school and a good friend of mine works across the town line in Danbury.

I am satisfied, and perhaps 99.73 percent certain, that the final count is two handguns (1 Glock and 1 SIG), the Bushmaster AR, and the shotgun recovered from the trunk of the car. And it was the AR that was used in the killings; he used one of the pistols on himself.

Last edited:

Supermech21

I thought it was determined he had a 10mm, 9mm and ar bushmaster on him... Whether he used the ar I think is still in the air. Reports I saw said he only used the hand guns but I don't think anyone knows for sure.

The chief medical examiner for the State of Connecticut supervised ALL of the autopsies, and conducted something like seven of them personally. He said ALL the victims were killed by the rifle.

I'll take his word over that of some talking head from CNN or MSNBC.

He said ALL the victims were killed by the rifle.
Despite what we're led to believe, it's hard to make exacting determinations based on deformed and fragmented projectiles.

That said, if I have to balance one source against the other, I'd probably assume the ME could have positively identified some of the recovered bullets and weighed them. In this case, either a .223 was used or it wasn't. If it wasn't, none of the bullets would match. If even one bullet matches, then the AR-15 was used.

If the rifle wasn't used, we'll hear that we still need to ban them. Oh, and high-capacity magazine ammunition cartridge assault clips.

At least one early report mentioned that the corridor was littered with .223 cases. There has been no mention, that I can recall, of recovering hundreds of handgun caliber cases. Remember, each victim was shot at least four times, and some were shot up to eleven times.

Say an average of 5 shots per victim? 26 victims x 5 = 130 rounds. For an AR using 30-round mags, that would be just four mags and a partial. I'm not acquainted with either of the two handguns he was reported to have carried. What's their magazine capacity? How many mags would he have needed, and how many changes would have been involved?

Ben Towe said:
Until I see something official, I don't buy anything.
That's a prudent approach.

But the Connecticut State Police have stated that it will be months before they release a report. Meanwhile, all we can do is try to sift through the often-conflicting media reports and try to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Cascade1911

For an AR using 30-round mags, that would be just four mags and a partial.

Had not thought of this until seeing the above statement. How could it be that Adam used more than one "clip". We all know that a gunman will take so long to change "clips" that the intended victims would be able to disarm him. He must have had a 150 round "clip".

(OK, let me add here: the above is sarcasm)

Last edited:

tg461

Had not thought of this until seeing the above statement. How could it be that Adam used more than one "clip". We all know that a gunman will take so long to change "clips" that the intended victims would be able to disarm him. He must have had a 150 round "clip".

It doesn't take that long to reload.....and the AR was used. They recovered the shotgun from the trunk.

Glenn E. Meyer

Unless you have a clear and CURRENT bit of new info, let's not speculate.

I won't close it but that's the standard for a new post.

Thank you.

jmr40

When I made the OP I thought it was a more recent video link than it is or I would not have done so. It is a concern of mine that after nearly 3 weeks there has been no official statement made in order to clear up this confusion.

pnac

A big deal was made about the mother of the shooter owning the rifle and the two handguns, what about the shotgun. Did it belong to the mother also?

rickyrick

I noticed also that no new information has been released in quite some time, which is odd for an incident of this magnitude.

I'm not crying out conspiracy, but there's definitely something going on. Maybe they just wanna finish up the investigation first.

jimbob86

I had heard that CT has an "assault weapons" ban in place already ... is this so, and if so, how did she have an "assault weapon"?