AR trigger

lordmorgul

cn you guys recommend a target trigger for my AR that will not break the bank ?

What is the breaking point? Geisselle G2S 4.5 lb 2-stage is fantastic at about $110, meets high power competition requirements, and is not over spending for the value for an entry level. I own two of these triggers and frankly am not sure I’ll ever see the need for upgrade.

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
NRA Life Member, Calguns.net contributor, CGF / SAF / CRPA / FPC / USCCA member

JeepHammer

Depends if you want to change the geometry of the factory trigger or not...
You can't change factory geometry without replacing the factory trigger/hammer.

*IF* you have ANY skills, you might try a 50 cent trigger job...
It's nothing more than a set screw in the factory handgrip screw hole.
Costs about 50¢ and will take a crap load of creep/grit out of the factory (and even worse, clone) triggers.

http://www.junkyardgenius.com/firearms/ar-15/ar08.html

PzGren

Many lowers do not have the grip screw hole threaded through. Anderson, for instance, doesn't and it requires a 1/4x28 bit to do the job, bringing the price up above 50 cents if you do not have it yet. Furthermore, it isn't a 1/4x20 thread but 1/4x28. Did you really try this?

I got the set screws at TSC for $0.79+tax/2.

marine6680

I have never liked the whole set screw thing... You are removing sear engagement between the hammer and sear, and that seems less than the safest way to go.

I hear the RRA is nice, but I also hear of them wearing out over time and becoming dangerous... Not sure how true that is.

The larue MBT is fantastic at the $125 "I can wait" price.

stagpanther

*IF* you have ANY skills, you might try a 50 cent trigger job...
It's nothing more than a set screw in the factory handgrip screw hole.
Costs about 50¢ and will take a crap load of creep/grit out of the factory (and even worse, clone) triggers.
I've done this on all of my PSA EPT triggers. It's pretty easy to tap the grip hole all the way through the receiver well--or you can also get a KAW grip screw ($9 I believe) which has a secondary screw within the grip screw and avoids tapping the grip screw hole. Mostly reduces trigger take-up.

BWM

I do not care for a 2stage trigger. I like the single or one stage Velocity & Timney are the 2 that I like they come in 3lb 31/2lb 4lb pull they are drop in replacement for the AR 15 16 and the AR 10 I have them in all of my AR,S

LineStretcher

I run the Elfman in my match AR15 and my .308 AR 10. I run a JP Armageddon in my 6.5 Grendel and Giselle in everything else. I also do not care for two stage triggers unless the rifle is a long distance shooter and then it helps keep the rifle on target for a longer period of time.

ed308

I do not care for a 2stage trigger. I like the single or one stage Velocity & Timney are the 2 that I like they come in 3lb 31/2lb 4lb pull they are drop in replacement for the AR 15 16 and the AR 10 I have them in all of my AR,S

Felt the same way. Got a lot of Timney AR10 triggers. And then I tried the LaRue MBT. Changed my opinion. I think the Timney AR10 is overpriced compared to the LaRue MBT. But I like them from my hunting ARs.

marine6680

The MBT has only one downside really, and it's more personal preference based...

The trigger is cut from flat stock, and the trigger face has a more squared off profile at the edge. Some find this annoying.

It doesn't bother me personally, but I do prefer the feel of the Geissele trigger face.

Other than that, you have to spend a lot more for a Geissele that is significantly better than the MBT.

Either are great triggers.

Really it comes down to desires pull weight on what direction you go.

I prefer two stage triggers, as I feel they are safer when getting into lower trigger pull weights.

RC20

I hear the RRA is nice, but I also hear of them wearing out over time and becoming dangerous... Not sure how true that is.

While Remington proved you could put a piece of junk out there for a long time, that is well documented.

Unless there is are plausible reports with citation, you can discount TOTALLY the RRA wearing out.

Frankly what it would take to wear out the worlds worst quality triggers seems unlikely.