AR SBR or pistol?

AR-15 SBR or AR-15 pistol?

• AR Pistol

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • SBR AR

Votes: 15 62.5%

• Total voters

freakintoguns

so i already have one AR-15 lower on layaway, should be gettign it out here in the next week or so, probably going to put another one on layaway in the next month or so, and id really lieka AR pistol, or a SBR AR. 7-10 inch barrel, chambered for .223. which would you recommend?

MrCleanOK

If you SBR it, you'll at least have the option of putting a butt stock on it. Then you can swap uppers if you ever have the desire to, and you have a carbine, rifle, SBR, all rolled into one. Sure you can put a 16" upper on a pistol lower, but that would be a little strange with just the buffer tube. If you want to make it short an leave it short for ever, by all means just build a pistol. But if you want to fiddle with it, I would go the SBR route.

MrClean

The Original MrClean :)

Waiting on my paperwork for my SBR now. Building mine in 9mm w/ 7" bbl. I'm using the mag block from RRA so if/when I ever want a 5.56 SBR I can do it with no problem. Paperwork isn't a big deal, you can do it yourself and not go through a Class III dealer, sending it directly to ATF. Still costs 200, but is worth it to me. Way more options that way.

DBAR

so i already have one AR-15 lower on layaway, should be gettign it out here in the next week or so, probably going to put another one on layaway in the next month or so, and id really lieka AR pistol, or a SBR AR. 7-10 inch barrel, chambered for .223. which would you recommend?

I'm going to save you some time, but you'll probably do what I did.

I built an AR pistol first. Then after shooting a few thousand rounds through it, I had to make it a SBR. I just couldn't resist it any longer. It just had to have a but stock on it. Trust me, you'll want the SBR sooner or later.

Carne Frio

Get the pistol with a barrel configuration that you wouldn't mind having in an SBR. You can always convert it later, after the paper work.:D

GeorgeF

SBR! You can swap shorty uppers til the cows come home.

Thats my next plan. I want a 5.56, a 6.8, and maybe a 7.62x39. Maybe a .50 Beowulf and a 5.7 too.

All able to use the one lower and free to choose any barrel length I want.