AR question: M4 feed ramps -

gdvan01

Thanks to a pleasant discovery after completing my tax returns, EBR-itis has set in pretty hard.

One question I'm trying to resolve is this; what's up with the M4 feed ramp thing? Is it just one of those high-speed, low-drag kinda things or is there a benefit to this. I've noticed elsewhere that the M4 feed ramp questions seem to be a recurring PITA (so yes, I'm prepared for flames)...but I gots ta' know!

My soon-to-be first AR will be used for longer range/precision shooting (at least 200 yds) and not any type of door kickin' / CQB work. And the ocassional "how fast can I empty this magazine".

USMCG_HMX1

I've posted this before ... I've got the Bushmaster A2 Target and I love it.

I'll get pics this weekend of taking it out again ..... if the weather agrees with me.

Kris

gdvan01

Thanks for the responses guys but the gist of the post is the M4 feed ramps. Right now I'm going to stick with the 5.56 and most likely a 20" barrel.

In a semi-auto platform...are the M4 feed ramps an essential or are they just another 'feature'?

BUSTER51

M4 feed ramp were intended to aid feeding in the FA and tri burst M4 you won't need hem but they can't hurt .:D