AR Quad Rail Problems

Newby to AR rifles other than shooting a few. I just picked up a DPMS AR-10. I bought some Midwest Industries Quad Rails in CAR length.

The stock plastic guard can be taken on and off easily but installing the quad rail is a headache. I installed the lower rail first and got to pop in after several tries. But when installing the top half the Delta Ring will not go over the lips of the quad rail. It appears the quads are sitting down in the groove completely.

Any guys have suggestions? Is this a common issue?

Thanks for any info.
Later,
JP

Billy Sparks

I don't know about the midwest industries rail but when I installed the Surefire one I used a rubber mallet to tap it so that the delta ring would snap back.

Well at least I'm not the one that has had a really tight fit. I live away from home during the week so I didn't have access to my tools last night, I was hoping it would just be a quick install, but I struggled with the thing a 30 minutes.

I do have some allen wrenches with me, maybe I'll take the rear rings off and install them into the delta ring by themselves and see they will fit. Just comparing the rear ring diameter to the old handguard, it looks smaller, but again I don't have my tools, therefore no calipers. I'll give it another try tonight.

Thanks for the info.
Later,
JP

dakine88

return the thing

Sometimes it is just better to buy a complete lower.
I would of chose Armalite .308 uppers and lowers.
you can easily construct your own ar15 lower or ar10 lower, then
just buy a complete upper from any good AR company which
is properly test fired and head spaced.
Just get your money back. :(

I think I might have to do that dakine. I took the rear hoops off the quad rail and tried to them into the delta ring by themselves and it won't go. It is the upper ring that won't seat into the delta ring because it isn't sitting down enough for the delta ring to slide over. It appears that the gas tube is prohibiting it from sitting down all the way, therefore the delta ring can't slide over it.

I have an email into DPMS to address the problem. Also, being new to AR's I didn't notice when I bought it off the rack that the upper is a high profile flat top. So it will sit up higher than the quad rail on the handguard which prohibits the possibility of using an EOtech and a magnifier togeither. I'm not sure if this high profile would be an issue with flip up BUIS becuse the front gas block picatinny is lower than the flat top picatinny.

It's pretty frustrating. I was wanting to go ahead and order some accessories and an optic but that'll have to wait it looks like.