AR poymer magazines

GLOCKT

AR polymer magazines

I'm looking for a source who sells AR polymer magazines.
While on the range today, the shooter on the next lane was sporting an AR with a polymer magazine.
He couldn't recall where he got his, so I'd thought I'd ask here.
So if anybody has a source where these can be bought,I'd be more than greatful.
SAFE-SHOOTING!

Last edited:

uglygun

High capacity or low capacity?

If high capacity, Thermold and Orlites are the most reliable of the plastic/polymer magazines out there, I wouldn't say they are more reliable than good gov't. issue aluminum magazines of 20 or 30 round capacity though. Lots of sources for the Orlites and Thermolds.

For low capacity, I can't say what's most reliable.

CWL

Try www.cdnninvestments.com for 30-rd orlites.

You can get great condition Isreali surplus mags for $9.99 each.

Be aware that they don't always fit every AR15 model mag-well. Some may need modification for proper fit & ejection.

M4A3

Yeah, those mags work great. I have a few my self. I was told that they are Canadian Military surplus that is avalible to the public.

The range/gun shop I go to has them. I have also seen alot of them at gun shows.

GLOCKT

low cap poly

I was leaning more towards low capacity polymer mags.
I seen 30 round Orlites and some Thermolds.
I have 2 steel 30 round AR mags and the Bushmaster came with 1/10 round mag.
Thanks for the info!

OutLaw

CDNN does have good prices on mags,I would personally recommend Thermold mags.Plus some Orolites won't fit in a Bushmaster AR-15(Don't know why.).

9mmepiphany

the orlites are mostly isreali surplus, the canadians use thermold...

although i have been warned that "true" canadian surplus thermolds are of lighter construction than commercial...just a word to the wise

MilesTeg

Short answer, I do not believe anyone makes a polymer low cap mag. I have only seen Orlites and Thermolds in 30 rd config.

I use Thermolds (& USGI) and have never had a problem. However, I have had terrible luck with Orlites. I bought 2 Orlites and had the same problem on both with the feed lips cracking. Both types will swell when you load a full 30 rds in them. The Orlites seem to be more brittle and I think over time they could not stand the pressure. Also, Bushmasters do have a problem with the Orlites seating properly and there are 2 different versions. I can't remember the I.D. number but 1 version fits perfectly and the other one needs to be "adjusted". I had the right version for the Bushmaster but chucked them (range target) after they broke. You might want to jump over to AR15.com and check out the "magazine" forum.

Redlg155

Try this link. It may be what you are looking for. It links directly to the information about the magazine. DPMS

MA-PP.jpg

These are the 10rd mags available from DPMS. They also have the following warning. Note: Some solvents or synthetic oils that containhydrocarbons may cause this material to crack, i.e., Militec., Tetra, etc.

For the price they want..$20.00, you can buy a good USGI magazine, Thermold or Orlite without worrying about solvents. You can also bet they will get brittle with age.

But then again these mags do look kinda cool!

Good Shooting
RED

GLOCKT

Thanks for the insight,Redlg the folks at AR15.com directed me in the same direction.
Thats exactly what I was looking for.Polymer would stand up a little longer but thats a good price and I don't think DPMS would sell sub par products either.
Thanks again all!
SAFE-SHOOTING!