AR Parts?

Sixer

Ok... so I finally bit the bullet (literally) and bought my first AR 15. I have to say that I couldnt be happier with it's looks and performance so far. It is a new Bushmaster M4 type O.R.C. It came with a quad rail, fore grip, and a good red dot sight (Bushnell Holosight). I have since purcased a one-point sling and mount, 1000rds of ammo, cleaning kit, and flashlight.

Im looking for suggestions specifically on a nice pistol grip to replace the factory one. I am also considering a set of BUIS and/or a magnification scope that works with the Holosight... And of course a laser of some type, even though Im sure I really dont need one:D

As always, your opinions and advice are greatly appreciated!

PS Im on a pretty tight budget... so top of the line stuff is probably out of the question :eek:

MrNiceGuy

a hogue grip can be had for less than $20 and will greatly improve grip comfort.

less expensive collapsible stocks tend to be sloppy. Upgrading to something like a magpul or fixed stock can help improve accuracy.

as with any rifle, dont skimp on the optics. the holosight is good and fun, but your new ar is begging for something with magnification.

Rant Casey

Grip - http://www.magpul.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=78_103

In case you meant foregrip, tangodown makes excellent VFGs. http://tangodown.com/shop/index.php?cPath=26

Buis - Troy for folding, Larue for fixed.

Also, look into a sopmod stock, or atleast a magpul CTR. Going to need some rail panels too, the magpul ones are nice, as are the tango down.

edit - It appears you already have a foregrip, my bad.

Magnification? Might be a problem on a budget, but i've seen some eotech clone magnifiers out there fairly cheap, make sure to get a good flip to the side mount though.

DnPRK

I like the Sierra Precision grip. It fills the hand and positions your index finger so the pad is on the trigger instead of your 1st knuckle. Fulton Armory.com has them for $19.95.

kiloxj

i started like you.....the rest is history

just finished my Bushy Patrolman's model, i recommend lmt rear site with an aimpoint, always go hogue grips, tange down working great for me, put 2 Stage national match trigger from RRA which feels bettter than my buddys drom in timney, larue offset scout light mount with SF Defender LED and Ace Entry stock. IF your thinking about a magnifier and eotect/aimpoint go ACOG, used one in iraq and its an incredible piece of art,

but for what u want i def go hogue grip, get rear site to see through red dot so if it fails u have iron sites, my buddy has some bright green laser, you have it set up great now, take the money from the laser and magnifier, get the RRA national match trigger and rear site, if you live here i'd let u shoot mine and u wouldnt ask any more questions

but man to each his own, it took me a year to buid mine, just have fun, lasers are great for intimidation, but varmits dont care for my aimpoint