AR optics

rickdavis81

I asked this in the gear sections but received no replies. Has anyone tried the Barska electro sight. It's received good reviews for ar's on cabelas web sight but didn't know what you guys thought. I'm generally leary of barska but I'm planning on a new AR this week, along with a 22-250 and stoeger pump. So I don't want to drop alot on the ar's optics for now. Thanks in advance.

MCKNBRD

Personally, I'd hold off buying anything before I bought a Barska product. Save your money and get something that will hold zero and be moderately durable.

What do you want the AR to do? Are you looking for a 300yd rifle, or CQB style optic?

Byrdman

Logs

Haven't tried the Barska, but I did get a NC Star once and it would not hold ZERO. It did change from a Red or Green X which was cool and all, but wouldn't hit the damn target. I would check out the Bushnell Trophy red dots they work well. I also have an AR set up with a Bushnell Holosight, gave $150 works well. It probably would not take the same beating as an EOtech, but it works.

GOOD LUCK

rickdavis81

I'm wanting this one to be a CQB. I already have one set up for long range. I look at the bushnell. I have some of their rifle scopes and they are good scopes.

Jermtheory

I'm wanting this one to be a CQB

Aimpoint C3 or ML3 in a Larue or ADM mount.i have the ML3 and love it,but unless you plan on diving with it the C3 should be just as good...i got the ML3 because i have more money than brains(im broke btw).toughest optic you'll find,next to maybe an ACOG.

i havent used them but ive heard good things about the Burris red dots(Fast Fire?).

blume357

I bought a Barska while waiting on a Tactical Millet to come

in at Midway.... Just another cheap chinese scope... of course the Millett comes in a nice thick cool box with an American Bald Eagle on it... and on the underside in little iddy biddy letters is ... made in china.

Millet Tactical Dms... is a good scope but my latest opinion on any rifle you plan to use is leave the glass off and use the iron.

TheManHimself

Honestly, if you can't afford or aren't willing to purchase good glass, you're better off using irons than a cheap chinese optic. At least you can be assured that the irons won't come apart under recoil and won't lose zero.

bedlamite

I'm going to echo the above sentiment; Chinese made scopes aren't worth the effort to recycle the aluminum tube.

lmccrock

Yes, iron sights usually better than optics for close in. Usually....My eyes cannot focus on the front sight through my glasses so some kind of optics are becoming necessary for me for anything approaching precision. For me, a low power variable (1-4x) works well, and a Simmons ProDiamond 1.5-5x was what I started with.

As for "Made in China" - they make it to your specification. They can make good optics, or good anything, for that matter. If the spec is "make it as cheap as possible", that is what you get.

Lee

Jermtheory

if you're going to buy a cheap optic i'd agree you'd be better off with irons.

but i see no downside to a "bomb-proof" optic(like Aimpoint/ACOG) in a QD mount...much faster and almost as tough as any irons(ntm the QD if it does go down).

Threefeathers

I have 9 AR;s but the one in my tactical bag is this Colt M-4 carbine with the MeOpta k Dot. a true 1-4 with a red dot.
P5020024.jpg