AR on the cheap

ronl

I have an Armalite 20"HBAR A2 that I used some in coyote hunting, but mounting the scope on the carry handle is definitely less than ideal, thus the quest for another AR set up just for varmint elimination. I wanted it to be as light as possible. I was given a free float tube and had a low profile YHM gas block I picked up for $20. A friend of mine is a Del-ton dealer and he offered to pick up the parts for me at a greatly reduced cost. A3 upper,20" pre-ban profile barrel, bolt, carrier and charging handle come in around $332. Scouting around on the net I find New Frontier Armory complete polymer lowers for $99, $116 shipped to my FFL. My FFL gets his $20 and I'm done. Probably will not be an absolute tack driver, but it will certainly be more than accurate enough. Already have a Bushnell Elite 3x9x40 SF scope and Burris Signature Zee rings to mount on the rifle. Just waiting on the parts to come together now.

Ridge_Runner_5

I'm not sold on those polymer lowers as of yet. If my gun kabooms, I'd rather have the receiver bulge than shatter in my hand. My day will be bad enough without losing a limb.