AR Anti Walk Pins

TRguy

I used these as an economical alternative to the KNS pins. So far they have worked great. I put a little red loctite on and they hold great.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTI-WALK-PINS-...aultDomain_0?hash=item4cec543e5e#ht_628wt_781

Any of you use them yet? Your thoughts versus the KNS pins or the DPMS pins with the c clips.

images

GONIF

is your lower wore out ? the only time you would ever need something like that is with a worn lower that the holes are too large or you have dfective springs or pins .

geetarman

I have the KNS pins on my DPMS. I like the capture screw concept better than the c-clips.

I had a Timney trigger installed on my rifle when I bought it and evidently the installation was a little shoddy. The two screws used to secure the trigger to the pins backed out and BOTH pins FELL out at the range.

I replaced them both with the KNS and have never regretted it.

I say they are KNS but they are the antiroll pins that have a cover that screrws into one pin and fits over a lip on the matiing pin. Once in place, the pins do not move.

Quentin2

I agree with GONIF, standard trigger/hammer pins work just fine. Nothing wrong with replacing them for peace of mind but from what I can see they don't walk out or cause excessive wear if you keep them lightly oiled. To me that money is better spent on ammo.

Technosavant

Some normal pins don't stay put- I have a couple DPMS parts kits that just insisted on walking (yes, they were installed correctly). I used the KNS anti-rotation kits because that was all I could find at the time- cheaper normal pins with the clips would have been welcome, but done is done.