AR 15 ?

btmj

I am not sure what you mean.... specifically what brand of ammo are you calling bronze.... would that be PMC Bronze?

I am 99% sure that it does not matter, and I am 99% sure that any ammo marketed as "bronze" is no different than any other brass-cased ammo... but as I said, what brand of ammo are you referring to?

bull bob

If you are refering to the PMC brand "Bronze" ammo, it is a performance grade, not material. As in Gold being the best, Silver being 2nd best, Bronze being 3rd best, etc. The ammo itself is loaded in brass cases. If it is as good as their handgun ammo of this grade, it should be pretty fair ammo.

TPAW

Just found out that the PMC projectile is bronze plated, will that be harmful to the barrell?

btmj

The terms "bronze" and "brass" are fairly ancient words that have long since lost their original metalurgical meaning. Originally, a copper based alloy that contained zinc was called brass, while a copper based alloy that contained tin was called bronze. Today, there are hundreds of copper based alloys that contain zinc, tin, lead, silicon, nickel, aluminum, and God knows what else. Each alloy is tailored for a certain combination of strength, ductility, machinability, corrosion resistance, cost, etc... Any of these products can be marketed as Brass, Bronze, Copper Alloy, Gilding Metal, etc...

As far as your gun barrel and firing chamber are concerned, there is no difference between any of these copper based alloys.