AR-15 Upper Receiver Question

WhyteP38

Who makes a quality A2 upper with M4 feedramps? I'm planning to build a general purpose 16" carbine, and I see a lot of uppers out there, but the online descriptions usually don't help much.

Thanks in advance.

WhyteP38

Hm, I checked them earlier and didn't see an A2 upper, only flat tops. I checked them just now and still didn't see an A2 upper, only flat tops. There must be some link on the page that I'm missing. If you could post the direct link, that'd be great.

Thanks.

USMCG_HMX1

M4 feed ramps are made that way because they are full auto and there was an issue with the standard feed ramps not feeding rounds properly.

Unless you plan on turning this bad boy into a Class III you might not need it.

Kris

bennnn

general purpose 16" carbine,

That means multi-purpose,,,, right?

M4 feed ramps improve feed during fast shooting. How fast you gonna be shooting?

Phrases like ""M4 Feedramps Installed"" ,,,are great marketing these days...

They do have their place in the world... But do you need to buy them??

Guess that depends on what you're doing..

WhyteP38

M4 feed ramps improve feed during fast shooting. How fast you gonna be shooting?
Good point. The ramps sound like a nice option to have if only because they sound like they improve reliability (which was my reason for wanting them). But I won't be shooting anywhere near as fast as full-auto, so I probably don't need the ramps.

Any recommendations on a good quality A2 upper in general (that is, even one without the ramps)?

STAGE 2

CMMG. They have everything you need. If you want to keep everything milspec don't go with RRA. They don't offer a true 5.56.

BUSTER51

why would anyone want an M4 upper that wasn't a flat top.just buy a carry handel and keep it :D in a closet to get old and never used . the flat top is the way to go .get a Eotec or Aimpoint and a BU sight and your good to go .mounting optics on an a2 is not the best way to go .:D the ones at Bravo are the very best money can buy and have the feed ramps .:D I have never seen a M4 with a A2 fixed carry handel ,but maybe I don't get around much anymore. :rolleyes:

BUSTER51

both of these are as close to milspec as you can get ,buy with confidence Bravo is great to deal with and you just can't beat the quality no matter how much you spend . the LMT is in stock now and if you know anything about AR's you know LMT and CMT are to 2 best upper and lower receivers made . they even use 4150 steel .and they also sell the M16 bolts and carriers that are MP tested and marked (yes they are leagal).:D

Ramcharger

No kidding! I couldn't find a non flat top 16' barreled upper either.
Is it too much to ask for a nice old school CAR-15 upper...with the improved M4 cuts?
I ended up with a RRA M4 upper and added the detachable carry handle/sight. But it just aint the same. :cool:

WhyteP38

I appreciate the inputs Bravo Company. However, I already have some flat-tops, so what I'm looking for is an A2 that I can build. I see only barrelled flat-tops over at Bravo (I thought I saw an A2 over there recently, but I can't find it now).

WhyteP38

If I want another flat-top, I'll ask my barber. :D

Note added later: Ah, you switched on me! :D

Last edited: