AR-15 paint job

wyobohunter

Just finished painting it the other day, thought I'd share.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359207539.193700.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359207557.730780.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359207573.529599.jpg

Now if they try to take away evil black rifles I'm good to go.

SVO

Nice job. Have seen comments from Diane Feidstien that she's not in favor with black or camo'd EBR's. So I figure we will start seeing wild oinks & zombie greens guns showing up.

allaroundhunter

I like it, and I like that paint (what I used on my rifle). It looks from the picture like it is a gloss clear coat? Or is it a matte clear coat that is just more reflective?

wyobohunter

"Matte" clear coat was a little glossier than I expected. Not glossy enough to matter, the light reflected isn't noticeable past 20 or 30 yards.

alex0535

If anyone wants any more inspiration towards painting a black gun...

These people do some awesome duracoat work. They had a booth at a gun show I went to, and I was so impressed that I want to get them to do some camo work on a rifle at some point. Their website hasmore than a thousand examples of the work they do.

http://www.customdigitaldesignsonline.com/content/photo-gallery.html?func=viewcategory&catid=59

I get nothing for promoting these people, its just such a rich variety of camouflage I thought I would post it.

Ridge_Runner_5

Even Medal of Honor is getting into the craze...

mIcwcwGl.jpg

WildBill45

Whatever you do, do not lay it down or you may never find it again in the woods!:D

It is like these Texans who show up in Colorado with Camo 4-wheelers, and then come and ask me, on my Orange Rokon, if I can help find their lost, CAMO, 4-WHEELER!!!:eek: