ar 15 mags

Ibmikey

Primarily 20 round Magpul, som 30 round in reserve and ten round for bench shooting. Magpul are proven so i see no reason for looking elsewhere.

MarkCO

Stainless steel bodied with anti-tilt, Lancer and Mag-Pul.

Somewhat depends on the gun and the load. For OTM heavies loaded long, I prefer the stainless bodies. The MagPuls get beat up from the open tip making little cuts and divots in the front of the mag bodies. Worse with .308, which has driven me mostly to Poly tipped bullets. For 55 FMJs, prefer to use MagPul.

WVMountaineer

I've got a bunch of quite a few brands. PMags are hard to beat. I now this isn't the popular option but, if Hex Mags ever make a 20 round magazine, you need to check them out. I recently bought a 6 pack of the 30 rounders and am highly impressed. For $7/apiece. God Bless

stagpanther

P Mags are great--for standard caliber flavors. My experience is not so good for "other flavors" like creedmoor etc where you might be better off with something you can tune to handle high BC bullets in an AR--meaning metal mags.

WhyteP38

I like PMAG 20 rounders, but some don't. I'm also partial to OKAY Surefeed 20 rounders, which can be easily and affordable had from Botach.

snolden

I have magpul 2nd and 3rd gen 10, 20, 30 mags and one single 40 rounder. Never a mag related failure and it is hard, not impossible, to make ammo fall out when dropped. I have used USGI in the past, but sold all of mine a while back.

rickyrick

I have some magpul mags, wish I had 10&20 rounders but only have 30rd mags, they are the most popular, so frequently they are on sale.

Ben Towe

30 round Magpuls mostly, a few 10 round ones for bench shooting, two 20 round metal mags (not sure of make, rarely used), one 20 round Magpul, and two 30 round metal mags (a D&H and a Center Industries). Magpul is by far my preferred brand, though D&H/BCM, Center Industries (they are marked only with 6P199 and build date unless more than a decade old), OKAY, and Lancer are all well regarded.

jaysouth

I have several GI 20 rounders made by Colt. Nary a bobble in a decade. Best of all, they were free from the National Guard.

Magpuls Gen 2 and 3
Lancer L5s (easily my favorites)
Troy Battlemags (very slim, goes great in double tacos)
USGI steel / aluminium w/ magpul followers