AR 15 fore end with rail- recommendations please.

Death from Afar

Lads, I want to get a new railed fore end for my AR. I want to be able to mount an aimpoint or similier, without hacking off the carry handle. I have seen a variety that puts the aimpoint on par with the peep sight. Can anyone suggest a variety?

This is whatcha want...
Since purchasing this I haven't seen any others with the included "Z" mount, but if you can find one, GET IT! You don't want anything other than an aimpoint. They are the end all choice for carry handle optics (short of blowing a grand on an ACOG, but on a non-flattop I just can't see it being worth it...on a full 20+ inches, different story)

Also, if the list price is 400 dollars, try your hardest to get it for 3 otd...I did.

I also just noticed that you were asking for a variety, but you don't need a variety. Aimpoint Aimpoint Aimpoint! Anything less just won't be worth the wasted ammo.

Attachments

• m4m2.jpg
    m4m2.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 49
I might pick up one of these eventually. It's a nifty front-stock rail doohickey with an extension that interfaces with the carry-handle.

Attachments

• A.R.M.S..gif
    A.R.M.S..gif
    64.4 KB · Views: 40

hksigwalther

The ARMS mounts arn't too bad in weight. They are, however, sometimes not a simple drop-in. When I put one on my DPMS, the attachment tp the upper rail was not perfect. Some filing needed to be done. Also, if you get a Civilian model, a yoke goes into the regular handguard ring and bolted onto the main body of the ARMS handguard. Sometimes difficult to get everything in place and line up the bolts unless you do some sanding/grinding or force things to line up.